My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style & Beauty

I bought women's shoes!

33 replies

NotQuiteCockney · 25/10/2006 12:52

And I'm quite pleased with them - one pair of Think Mary Jane's (here ), and one pair of Think green suede ones that I can't find anywhere, that were a bit more interesting.

OP posts:
peegeeweegeeWITCH · 25/10/2006 16:56

NQC, I love those shoes, especially the green ones...
I am 6ft1, nearly 22 stone, and a shoe size 8, so I do not wear dainty womens shoes, usually walking boots, or in the summer DM sandals (nice and chunky, the unisex ones...)

So I understand your excitement, and no, I would not wear heels either....

scarysuejonez · 25/10/2006 17:02

geekgrrl - I go to Medissa's road show in Surrey for shoes twice a year and buy one expensive pair. Occasionally top up with a pair from Evans but they're often too wide for me as I'm a reasonably wide size 9

NotQuiteCockney · 25/10/2006 18:22

I am apparently v short for someone with size 9 feet - I'm 5'6" and about 75kg (I think? which is 12 stone? I think?). But quite butch with it, whatever Frances says :-P

OP posts:
NotQuiteCockney · 25/10/2006 18:24

Oh, and I still do like the shoes, they are v comfortable, I've worn both pairs around the house, and am suffering no purchase regret. I am thinking about wearing them regularly, and thinking about going through my skirts etc (I own loads, haven't worn them in years) and seeing what works with what ...

OP posts:
alexsCURSEDMUMMY · 26/10/2006 09:27

i find evans shoes way too wide-because despite my feet being very long, the are also very thin. like clown's!!!

geekgrrl · 26/10/2006 11:33

alexsmummy, have you heard of 'special feetures'? they do mail-order for people with narrow feet and go up to a size 12 (I have the same problem, Evans shoes are like wellies on me).

BATtymumma · 26/10/2006 11:36

must admit that i tend to stick to boots from evans as they are very wide.

i think my feet are the only part of me thats not fat

Tutter · 26/10/2006 11:40

gosh yes nqc - i am the opposite - quite tall (5'8") but only size 5. it's a wonder i don't fall over more

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.