My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style & Beauty

How can I get Jennifer Anniston's hair colour?

12 replies

MarieFromStMoritz · 12/05/2012 07:13

I have the same skin and eye colouring as JA (alas, that's where the similarity ends). I think her hair colour would really suit me - that dark blonde with highlights. However, where I live, the hairdressers are not very good. Everytime I have gone into the hairdressers with JA's picture and asked for dark blonde hair with lighter highlights JUST LIKE THIS PICTURE, I leave with all-over pale blonde hair with a tint of sludgy green. I am not kidding.

I would like to know the numbers of the colours that she has, so that I can say: "give me an 8a base with 20a and 22b highlights". Or something like that.

Can anybody help, please? Thanks Smile

OP posts:
sassytheFIRST · 12/05/2012 07:40

Go somewhere else- further afield if necessary. And be prepared to pay £££, easily £80+.

MarieFromStMoritz · 12/05/2012 07:41

I already pay around GBP 200. I just think they are not very good with blonde hair here.

OP posts:
sassytheFIRST · 12/05/2012 07:43

Ah just realised you are abroad. Long weekend in London then!

MarieFromStMoritz · 12/05/2012 07:44

Oh, I wish Grin. I am pregnant, and can't travel.

OP posts:
MorrisZapp · 12/05/2012 09:27

It doesn't exist. Sorry.

I've asked every hairdresser from £ to £££££ to give me toffee coloured hair. They can't.

They can do blonde, and they can do brown.

Ditto box dyes in the shops.

ornellaia · 12/05/2012 10:16

I used to have Jennifer Aniston coloured hair, I started out with my own mid-brown colour and asked for caramel and honey coloured highlights, after a few times of having highlights it was caramel & honey pretty much all over so I had some slightly lighter highlights put in. I think it might be the gradual build up of the highlights that gets that colour, I don't know if it would be possible to get it all in one go IYSWIM.

herbaceous · 12/05/2012 11:55

I recommend using Nice n Easy dark golden blonde, then leaving it a few weeks, not treating it very well, and blasting it with a hairdrier every couple of days. Mine is now JA colour! And only £4.99.

MarieFromStMoritz · 12/05/2012 16:03

Oh, thanks herbaceous. I will try that. And I'll report back Smile

OP posts:
MonaLotte · 12/05/2012 16:25

I had it for my wedding but it was a gradual build up of highlights with occasional toners put in between foils if it got too light. It is possible if you have a good stylist.

JennyPiccolo · 12/05/2012 17:15

Yes, I had it once but it was 3 different colours of highlights and a few sessions before it looked right.

ilovethewinter · 12/05/2012 18:01

I think my hair colour is very similar and I use L'oreal Excellence,Dark Golden Blond box colour.

MarieFromStMoritz · 15/05/2012 03:43

OK, so I found a website with her hair colour, it is apparently this:

Light golden brown base
Golden blonde highlights
Baby blonde highlights around ends.

Does that sound about right?

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.