My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style and beauty

vivienne westwood melissa flat shoes

8 replies

jenster1976 · 02/05/2012 13:42

I saw a friend in a pair of these last week, and am now lusting after them, does anyone have any? Do they size up big? Can't even decide what colour to go for - i suspect they may be an adult croc - what do you think?

OP posts:
warmandwooly · 02/05/2012 13:57

She has a cheaper range that you can get in Debanhams/ Schun etc. Its considerably cheaper than the VW range.

Mel by Melissa

flipflopflap · 02/05/2012 18:48

My sister has 2 pairs, one she said is true to size, the other were too small and hurt her! Not sure if these are the ones you are looking at but:

These are true to size.

These hurt!

jenster1976 · 02/05/2012 19:53

Thank you it's the ones that hurt I want!! Infact just ordered some in tortoiseshell but gone up a size do fingers crossed!

OP posts:
mrscumberbatch · 02/05/2012 21:18

I have vivienne westwood melissa's and also plain melissas

They're immensely uncomfortable. You'd think they were perfect summer shoes but no - barefoot they ripped my ankles and insteps to pieces because the rubber chafes.

So with thick tights only, and even then they aren't very comfy. Offer no support and the soles of my feet are in agony by the time I get home.

lololizzy · 02/05/2012 22:28

Mine are a size 8, and they're a good fit for 8's, however it's been too cold to wear them as yet and I'm a bit worried about the rubbing and chafing as mrscumberbatch mentions!

ForwardOcho · 02/05/2012 23:16

I've got VW ultragirls. I had to size up and manage to wear them without any pain. And when someone spilled candle wax on them they weren't ruined.
In this week's Grazia there's a pic of Dita von Teese wearing the £250 sparkly ones at Coachella. They're OK. But not totally fabulous.
I would wait for a sale. They make your wardrobe smell fabulous.

trixymalixy · 02/05/2012 23:47

I bought the nude flats with the black seal on them, they were horribly sweaty and uncomfortable so I sent them back.

trixymalixy · 02/05/2012 23:48

Oh and I would size up and wear them with socks.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.