My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style & Beauty

This dress Ok for a large boobed lady?

14 replies

Chrestomanci · 22/04/2012 16:20

Hi - would really appreciate some help. Am pg and have 5 weddings this summer so would like at least one nice dress so I don't feel like a sack of potatoes at them. I really like this, but am worried it will be too low cut as I am a 34 G at the start of this pregnancy . Will there just be too much boob on show?

Otherwise I am size 14, 5'7" very curvy, tend to suit empire line or princess line dresses. I had a b-i-g bump last time and am already showing early in this pregnancy so will probably have another huge bump.

OP posts:
cybbo · 22/04/2012 16:26

Yes I think will highlight big boobs

Can you find something with a V neck, one colour, more empire line, maybe in a nice heavy jersey?

tunaday · 22/04/2012 16:28

Mmmmm not sure! I like the skirt part a lot - elegant and floaty - but wonder if you would end up constantly making sure the top part was in place and not revealing too much boobage - especially for the photos.

cybbo · 22/04/2012 16:30
cybbo · 22/04/2012 16:31
StuckInTheFensAwayFromHome · 22/04/2012 16:35

Its a nice dress, but it looks like the sort that would show a lot of cleavage.
I'm guessing they have a returns policy if you buy it and its just too much?

Chrestomanci · 22/04/2012 16:35

Thanks - yes i think it will be too low.

V necks are a bit of a problem, as they are nearly always too low for me, and I have to wear a vest top underneath & I just can't be bothered this summer. Would prefer something a bit more 'special' and like what I would normally wear tbh - sorry I am very fussy. I know everyone raves about her but I don't really like jersey Isabella Oliver style dresses (tho maybe you have to try them on?)

OP posts:
Chrestomanci · 22/04/2012 16:48

Ooh! What about this in the red (dress on the left). I have some killer red peep toes that I want to wear..

OP posts:
BoboksAndCot · 22/04/2012 20:50

Ok, I'm pretty much the same size as you, and just had my baby so bump issues are still fresh in my mind Grin

I think the first dress is lovely but I would really worry about how much boob coverage you would get. In my experience those dresses just aren't designed for those of us with big boobs, and you end up either having them overspilling or having the lower part lifted up by the bottom of your boobs, giving a really odd shape Sad

The red one may be a better bet. It's still lovely.

cremeeggsrock · 22/04/2012 21:34

www.tiffanyrose.com/maternity/search/maternity-dresses.html

These are beautiful :) most can be worn pre and post pregnancy! x

cremeeggsrock · 22/04/2012 21:37

www.tiffanyrose.com/maternity/clothing/FLTD.html

this one looks really good for big boobs i myself being a 34 g.......Wink

cremeeggsrock · 22/04/2012 21:38
GiantPuffball · 23/04/2012 07:34

I really like the next red one.

Chrestomanci · 25/04/2012 12:13

Than guys only just seen more replies! I love Tiffany Rose but just wondering if I can justify the price. I think I'll max the credit card, order all 3 and see what looks ok...

OP posts:
cremeeggsrock · 25/04/2012 16:06

Go girl, keep us posted:)

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.