My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style & Beauty

What colour shoes & bag to go with this dress?

24 replies

mcfee · 18/04/2012 21:25

www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Navigate?ps=&storeId=10001&catalogId=10001&x=0&y=0&txt=lapis+luella

What do you think for a wedding? Its not as dark as it looks at first.

OP posts:
PoppyWearer · 18/04/2012 21:52

Fuschia pink looks fab with blue/dark blue but might be a bit much. Could try that on manicure/pedicure? Hot Pink bag and nude heels?

WhatTheCatDraggedIn · 18/04/2012 21:55

I am a play-it-safe type of person so would go for cream I think.

(Lovely dress BTW).

mcfee · 18/04/2012 22:01

I'm so old fashioned that I need my dress / bag to match! I did wonder about bright pink though especially as it's a summer wedding and I'm not sure if the dress is too dark anyway. Cream obviously would be much more practical as would be likely to wear them again!
Thanks for your help

OP posts:
mcfee · 18/04/2012 22:01

Sorry, I meant need SHOES / bag to match!

OP posts:
LittlePandaBear · 18/04/2012 22:09

I like metallics - I think gold or silver would go with the dress.

mcfee · 18/04/2012 22:20

Hmmmm I already have silver shoes / bag. Didn't really think about that so will try it! Need a diff silver bag though as mine is a bit cheap looking.

OP posts:
Eddas · 18/04/2012 22:37

marking this thread as I came on to see if there were any threads about accessorising a navy dress, mine is from Debenhams but not the same as yours!

Think I may buy some nude shoes, fancied a pair for a while anyway, perfect excuse!

mcfee · 19/04/2012 12:34

Eddas what does your dress look like? I'm worried that the colour's too dark?

OP posts:
HufftheHedgehog · 19/04/2012 13:51

Oooh watching this thread with interest too! I've just bought this dress www.feverdesigns.co.uk/andrulla-dress-blue.html for a summer wedding but have no idea about shoes/bag either.... was thinking hot pink but haven't been for a proper look in the shops yet :)

mcfee · 19/04/2012 16:18

I think pink will go with yours Huff it's a lovely dress btw but wondering if pink would make mine look tarty??Grin

OP posts:
LadyClariceCannockMonty · 19/04/2012 16:24

Lime green.

Or mustard.

Or orange.

Or bag in one of the above and nude shoes, or shoes in one of the above and nude bag.

Eddas · 19/04/2012 16:26

this is my dress

I wasn't sure if it was weddingy or looked more like I should wear it to work, but my friend saw all 4 dresses I bought and said this was her fav. I think it's one of those things you can dress up/down.

Still not sure what to wear with it but do like the nude shoes idea.

mcfee · 19/04/2012 16:28

Lime green now there's an idea! Really really can't do diff coloured bag & shoes though. I know I know -so not cool Blush

OP posts:
Eddas · 19/04/2012 16:28

ooo I like huff's dress too

mcfee · 19/04/2012 16:30

That's lovely Eddas I think I saw that but the style is wrong for me.

OP posts:
LadyClariceCannockMonty · 19/04/2012 16:32

Lime green with navy is one of my favourites.

Eddas · 19/04/2012 16:34

thanks Smile I'm pear shaped and it looks really nice....I think! Highlights the nice bits (boobs!) and hides the not so nice (large butt and bingo-wings) Grin plus it's knee length so not showing off too much leg which shouldn't be seen (when it's my legs Grin)

Eddas · 19/04/2012 16:35

I don't think i'd carry off lime green

LadyClariceCannockMonty · 19/04/2012 16:51

Oh, go on go on go on, Eddas. You will, you will, you will.

mcfee · 19/04/2012 17:09

See, the band under the boobs and then down from there doesn't do much for me! Makes me look pregnant! Am hourglass so need hourglass dress!
I don't know whether I can carry off lime green either but I might try!!

OP posts:
Eddas · 19/04/2012 20:07

oh dear... i've found irregular choice shoes.... some of the not so ott ones are FAB, wondering if they'd be ok with a plain dress?

HufftheHedgehog · 19/04/2012 20:12

McFee and Eddas I really like both your dresses! Wish I could wear something like them but haven't managed to shift baby-weight from 2 yrs ago so need something that hides my stomach a bit Blush

I was searching earlier and found these pink sandals but not sure if they're too casual?

I like the idea of nude shoes as I'd maybe wear them more afterwords so am off to have a search... will report back later :)

Newsletters you might like

Discover Exclusive Savings!

Sign up to our Money Saver newsletter now and receive exclusive deals and hot tips on where to find the biggest online bargains, tailored just for Mumsnetters.

You've subscribed!

Parent-Approved Gems Await!

Subscribe to our weekly Swears By newsletter and receive handpicked recommendations for parents, by parents, every Sunday.

You've subscribed!

Eddas · 19/04/2012 20:44

huff, my baby has just turned 5 and I still have the weight from him and his big sister Grin my dress does suprisingly hide it. I love your dress but it's my sis getting married and her dress has a similar drape style in the middle so I think i'd be in trouble if I got something like that!

I think I need to go and try on some shoes but I really don't like shops anymore Blush I much prefer buying online!

mcfee · 19/04/2012 21:18

They are fab sandals. I likey! Have found some lime green suede shoes on an Ebay shop for £17.95 (they have all colours so Ebay search lime green shoes and the shop will come up) and can see a flower / fascinator / clip type thing in another shop. Seems to be a few pre-owned bags on Ebay too so shouldn't be too much hassle. (I'm so matchy matchy, will prob want green knickers too!!)

Also, I ordered my dress again from Debenhams on line today as its blue cross sale and I can take the full price one back to the shop when it arrives! Grin Grin

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.