My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style and beauty

How do I stop work shoes going manky when I wear them every day?

10 replies

fuzzpig · 14/04/2012 16:49

It's not like I can stick them in the washing machine.

My previous pair lasted years but went reeeeeally disgusting and smelly Blush how do I stop that happening again? I will be wearing them 5 days in 7, no socks. Manual elements to job so I do get a bit sweaty.

Any bright ideas/amazing products?!

OP posts:
Karbea · 14/04/2012 16:58

You shouldn't actually wear the same shoes everyday, you should allow them one day to recover, if you did this it would really increase how long the lasted. Could you buy another pair for the other days?

TheFarSide · 14/04/2012 16:59

Footsies

fuzzpig · 14/04/2012 17:03

Karbea, I actually love you.

I was just eying up another pair - same shoes but different colour/design...

Now I have a reason! YAY!!! :o

OP posts:
fuzzpig · 14/04/2012 17:03

What are footsies?

OP posts:
Agincourt · 14/04/2012 17:04

i wear clarks, buy them in sale, and they have always been fine

I work in food retail as a shift manager so you can imagine how much physical work I do and they are always fine ;)

herbaceous · 14/04/2012 17:12

I'd also heard that you're not supposed to wear the same pair of shoes two days running, as it doesn't give the sweat time to evaporate. Mmmm. Nice.

So, get yourself another pair!

fuzzpig · 14/04/2012 17:31

I have done now! :o

I don't have terribly expensive taste thankfully - I find it really hard to get shoes that are comfy and smart (usually live in trainers) but Skechers do a range that are perfect for me and look smart enough for my job.

No more cheap ballet flats at work, my feet kill after a shift in them. Can't afford that now I'm full time.

OP posts:
TheFarSide · 14/04/2012 22:51

Footsies are made out of tights material and are the same shape as ballet pumps - so a bit like cutaway socks. Can't describe any better as just back from a night out.

Like so:

www.marksandspencer.com/2-Pairs-60-Denier-Footsies/dp/B0057BMGO0?extid=TP_2_FRO_T_MSF_

TheFarSide · 14/04/2012 22:52

... kind of little internal socks

or sockettes

TheFarSide · 14/04/2012 22:52

shoeliner things

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.