My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style and beauty

Wedding outfit for very awkward customer

6 replies

startail · 11/04/2012 00:26

I have a perfectly lovely white, green and black 50's cotton prom dress from Debenham's, but I wore it to the grooms sisters wedding last year. Clearly the guest list is very similar and I need something else.

Pear shaped size 16, 5'4", B cup, Knee length or below. Not maxi.

Also shoes, must be comfy sandals or sling backs, I can't wear court shoes and must be no more than an inch or two high.

Must not look like the Mother of the bride, I'm 44 and the Flower girls MumGrin Oh and Cotton please it's July.

safe very like existing one, have navy jacket that might go

beautiful, but it might have to have last years green, shoes and shrug

way over budget and far too warm

Same style in a cotton print would be brilliant.

DD1* was a bit miffed not to be a bridesmaid and has done me for £100 dress from coast, so not to far the wrong side of 3 figures and under if possible, DD1 is much more likely to wear hers again.

She's taller than the bride and much more striking colouring, she knows she'd look daft.

OP posts:
angelpantser · 11/04/2012 00:43

I wore this Joules Dress for my daughter's 18th birthday lunch last weekend. I'm a size 16, aged 44 and 5'2" and it was just about knee length on me. The front "V" is quite low and I had to put a stitch in it - but that was more to preserve my modesty as my mum and brothers were there too! I wore it with a red silk cardi and red shoes and even my mum who usually just looks me up and down and tuts said I looked "nice". DH said I looked gorgeous though - he knows what side his bread is buttered on. Grin

The only proviso is that because it is cotton it does crease at the back - but it was beautifully cool.

galletti · 11/04/2012 00:48

I love the second one, and why not wear the accessories from last year - new dress and perfect recycling!

scotsgirl23 · 11/04/2012 00:52

Saw someone in this at a wedding recently, looked lovely and easy to accessorize www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10001_10001_008010639185_-1?breadcrumb=Home~txtspot+dress

startail · 11/04/2012 01:29

The Joules dress is lovely, but possibly a touch short and narrow. I think my bum would look big (it is big).

The white with black spots would fit, but DD1's is mainly white, shift dress and she'll look tall and elegant and I'll look short and wide.

I'm very tempted to order the second one and blow the budget.

Thanks bed now or Dh will moan.

OP posts:
LittlePandaBear · 11/04/2012 08:31

Kaliko dress

There's money off the Kaliko dress you like on their website! I'm sure it will look lovely.

HettyKett · 11/04/2012 08:35

The second dress is perfect. Buy it!

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.