My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style & Beauty

Tan handbag looking shabby after one month

10 replies

slinkyboo · 30/03/2012 08:31

This is very dull, I know, but can anyone recommend a miracle for my handbag? It is a light tan colour and it has marked and scuffed dreadfully in only a few weeks of use. It's a Fossil Maddox. It also has patches of dark blue - presumably from rubbing against jeans.

I will never buy a tan handbag again but, in the meantime, can I salvage it??

OP posts:
Millie1 · 30/03/2012 11:00

I'd take it back! I have a tan handbag (different brand) and after two yrs of use, it's fine apart from a biro Mark!

monkeysmama · 30/03/2012 11:02

I'd return it too. I never used to take things back but it's well worth it. It doesn't sound fit for purpose?

flipflopflap · 30/03/2012 12:05

I bought a bag from Fossil at Christmas, not tan but Chestnut, and it's scratched and marked to the point where a few people have commented about it. It never occured to me to take it back until now, as I thought it was just a case of unlucky wear and tear. I bought it online though, would I be ok just taking it into a shop?

slinkyboo · 30/03/2012 12:26

Interesting...I've been really disappointed actually and somewhat Angry as bag cost me €199!

If I were in the uk i would definitely take it back...however, I'm in France where, frankly, customer service can be awful and I know the shop would give me short shrift. I will look into contacting Fossil directly.

OP posts:
slinkyboo · 30/03/2012 12:27

Flip flop there's a customer services number on their website - would be worth a call I think.

OP posts:
thriftychic · 30/03/2012 14:39

ive had my eye on a bag from fossil wishing i could afford it , think i may be best looking elsewhere then! I would take it back aswell if it were me.

slinkyboo · 30/03/2012 17:14

Perhaps avoid, thrifty! Sad

OP posts:
albertswearengen · 30/03/2012 17:20

That's like my very expensive tan boots from Kurt Geiger. Despite a dose of shoe protector when new they looked awful after a month- including black spots from my jeans. The women in Clarks was horrified at the state of them and told me to send them back. I didn't as they didn't have the same size in stock but I have avoided expensive tan items since. I did try and clean them with leather cleaner but it was a bit pants. I would try and contact Fossil and complain.

slinkyboo · 31/03/2012 10:41

Will do. Annoying Angry

OP posts:
monkeysmama · 31/03/2012 12:18

I have a tan leather jacket and bag and they've both aged well.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.