My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style and beauty

Visiting a company for a chat, not an interview. What to wear?

1 reply

cousinviolet · 20/03/2012 04:01

This year I was thinking of changing career directions, so I applied to a bunch of companies for training positions in a particular field. I was offered an interview by one company, but turned it down because for a variety of reasons, this year wasn't the right time to make the move. I told them that I was still very interested in the career and might make another round of applications next year. They very graciously offered to let me come to one of their offices and chat with a couple of partners/employees there. I have no idea whether this means they would be interested in interviewing me next year - they might just be being nice.

I have no idea what to wear. They will all be wearing suits and businessy-type clothes. But I don't want to turn up looking like I think I have an interview. On the other hand I don't want to be too casual and stick out.

I have a grey, wool-mix dress from H&M. It's fairly thin, rather than stiff, material. Round neck, length to knees, sleeves reach down to elbows. Three buttons in a vertical line between neck and waist. Black, vertical stripes from waist to knees. Does it sound ok, or too drab? I would be wearing it with black tights and shoes.

OP posts:
Decameron · 20/03/2012 09:35

I think the dress sounds perfect, particularly if they will be in suits. Hope it goes well and leads to something good.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.