My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style and beauty

Black dots under the skin after shaving

6 replies

FrozenPetisPois · 29/02/2012 22:36

What can I do about them? Is there a miracle cream I am missing?

I have dark, thick hair so I assume its just the hair that still remains under the skin after shaving.

I tried waxing a while ago.. I think it got rid of them, but instead left my legs very spotty, so wouldn't want to rely on this method.

Surely some other ladies on the s&b board have this problem too?!

OP posts:
Kopparbergkate · 29/02/2012 23:21

Sorry, cant help but i share your pain. I'm hoping for a miracle response myself!

I've only tried waxing once, I wanted my whole legs waxed but the beautician advised me not to have my lower legs done because "the hairs are so coarse and most are doubles so it would be difficult/impossible to do without damaging the skin" (!). So calves (and bikini line especially) are all black speckly even when smooth and thighs are all spotty from waxing, despite exfoliating like a mad thing.

Summer's coming and I dread getting my legs out but I don't want to only wear trousers :-(

FrozenPetisPois · 01/03/2012 11:37

I'm glad I'm not alone in the problem! Summer is an absolute nightmare for me too, hence why I'm asking now before I have no choice but to get my disgusting legs out!

Hopefully someone will come along with a solution soon Grin

OP posts:
Mrsrobertduvall · 01/03/2012 11:59

Lasering will get rid of your hair...not cheap but it works.

FrozenPetisPois · 01/03/2012 12:21

I have considered lasering in the past.. and then I heard people saying that it's not permanent, but I thought it was?

OP posts:
Mrsrobertduvall · 01/03/2012 14:03

Mine seems to be!

iWILLdothis · 01/03/2012 14:31

I have the same problem. I'd love to get lasered but too pricey at the moment. I read on here last year that the advice was to shave in the bath rather than in the shower but I don't have the time for that with a toddler & baby ....and my legs need done every day if they're going to be on show as re growth is so dark and fast. For now, I'm exfoliating legs as often as I can & moisturising after shower and hoping some miracle might happen?!!

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.