My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style and beauty

can foundation really make your skin look luminous?

11 replies

boinging · 23/02/2012 11:52

I see all these claims on adverts etc., but wondered if anyone had had any really good results from a foundation.

OP posts:
FreakoidOrganisoid · 23/02/2012 11:56

I can definitely see a difference when I put my foundation on. It's still my skin (not a caked on mask), but it looks brighter and more even.

boinging · 23/02/2012 12:04

Which one do you use?

OP posts:
BettyBathroom · 23/02/2012 12:14

I wasn't convinced either - but I tried Base Minerals and the difference was very noticable...my skin look so much better, dewy - not perfect but definitely better.

FreakoidOrganisoid · 23/02/2012 12:25

At the moment vitalumiere, but bobbi brown was good too. It's pretty much the only product I spend a lot on-I've never finished a cheaper foundation. Would gladly spend less if I found a cheaper one I liked as much though!

donttellmeoff · 23/02/2012 12:30

Honestly I looked in the mirror this morning after I had done my makeup and I thought to myself how luminous my skin looked! I look like a glowey healthy version of me. I use Lancome primer and foundation.

Hopefully · 23/02/2012 12:37

I got several comments on how great my skin was when I switched to beauty flash balm and a Clarins foundation. Although the thing that really got me compliments was when I completely gave up refined foods/sugar etc in the in up to my wedding. The difference in my skin was astonishing. No foundation can make up for that. Which wasn't enough to actually keep me of the sugar long term, but there we go Grin

AnEcumenicalMatter · 23/02/2012 12:51

I use Laura Mercier illuminating tinted moisturiser and I constantly get complimented on my skin...if they saw me before application looking as rough as arseholes, they'd know my secret but I just smile sweetly and thank then for the compliment.

BearlyThere · 23/02/2012 13:00

vitalumiere

mrsmartin · 23/02/2012 13:41

Another bare minerals fan - I have the original and matte versions and the original has a definate luminosity to it. I still use highlighter with all foundations though as I like to 'create' cheekbones and plumpcious lips!!

Bobbi brown moisture rich is also lovely and dewy - as is the new garnier bb cream. It really depends what texture you want...

Gillybobs · 23/02/2012 13:47

Mix a bit of illuminating fluid with ANY foundation and you get an amazing luminous finish thats nice and subtle, Soap & Glory Hocus Focus is amazing. I mix it with EL Doublewear as I like its staying power but find it a bit heavy, THis works a treat. Was a tip given to me by a Chanel SA years ago

Xenna · 23/02/2012 23:03

I mix my foundation (currently using healthy mix serum by Bourjois, which is a gel foundation-very light and loving it!) with some No 7 illuminator and the result is amazing. Both products are very reasonably priced and very effective.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.