My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style & Beauty

Fold-y up-y longchamps le pilage... apologies as I know its been done recently!

10 replies

Ribeno · 17/02/2012 20:31

Hi all. I wonder could the owners of longchamps le pliage both/either small or large long handled shoppers please give me your views on which to get.

I have at the moment both the small and the large in black ordered from selfridges. The zip along the top is great and I like how light it is!! I don't want to use the large as a changing bag but may the very odd time just bung a mat etc in there.

I want the shopper as i'd like to have the option of putting it over my shoulders. The small seems little-r than i thought but the large seems massive. I don't really want to cart about my work files in the bag but think sometimes the extra space would be good.

If i did have the large, a lot of the time it would be pretty empty and I wonder if that would look a bit silly. The small will hold my stuff but not loads of space to spare.

I can't decide. Can you help me on this very trivial matter?!!!

Thanks in advance!!

OP posts:
HollyBollyBooBoo · 17/02/2012 20:50

I've just bought the large one as I need to take A4 folders with me to meetings and they wouldn't fit into the smaller size.

It's really not so big that it looks daft if there's not a lot in there because they kind of hold their shape anyway.

monkey9237 · 17/02/2012 20:55

I have both too and the large one is incredibly useful, the small one I don't even know where it is, as I hardly use it. The large one looks fine with only a few things in it. I too thought it was very large when I first bought it, but it's really not.

PattiMayor · 17/02/2012 20:58

The large one is great. Sometimes there's hardly anything in it, sometimes it's packed with laptop and work papers. If it looks silly when it's half empty, I don't care :o (and if you really don't need it, you can fold it up and bung it in your handbag)

AmberNectarine · 17/02/2012 21:03

Use my large one as a changing bag at the mo, but used it as an overspill bag when I was working so didn't often have a huge amount in there and I thought it looked fine. My mum uses a small one and finds it v useful. Guess it depends how much you tend to carry - I'm a kitchen sink kind of girl...

Ribeno · 17/02/2012 21:14

Thanks for the great replies! Do any others have their views to offer ... I'm a bit obsessed (only because I need to return by monday) and would be tres grateful.

OP posts:
faustina · 17/02/2012 21:46

i have a few of the big ones. I don't think they look silly when half empty - on the contrary, they hang well. I would always go for one i could wear on my shoulder - so much more comfortable!

BornToShopForcedToWork · 17/02/2012 23:31

Hi,

I have a big Le Pliage collection, must be over 20 bags now and I can only say that they do not look silly when only half full.

pluckingupcourage · 18/02/2012 02:08

I have the black large, long-handled. Some days it's crammed with most of my life, I've also used it as an overnight bag, but most of the time I just have a wallet and keys in there and it really looks fine.

I'm thinking of getting another one for the summer months ...

JuluLu · 18/02/2012 14:07

I have both sizes, and I use the large one more. In fact, today was the first time I've used the small one since I bought it at Christmas. The big one looks fine with just a few things in it.

Ribeno · 18/02/2012 18:41

Thanks for your help style and beauty people! I have kept the large but think I may ask for the small shopper or small hand held bag for my birthday present.

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.