My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style & Beauty

Childrens kilts/tartan skirts

8 replies

sidress · 17/02/2012 16:05

My youngest daughter is in a choir and they are looking for tartan clothes for a scottish themed concert, and many have said they would like skirts or kilts. Most are about 8-10. Our preference is for not 100% wool as in cheappie form they may not be comfortable or healthy, maybe a polyester mix like those worn as school uniform. Unfortunately the only schools near us with tartan kilts are private schools and are school specific tartans. Where can we get some of a reasonable price and fabric?

OP posts:
Frontpaw · 17/02/2012 16:08

How old is she and when is it? I may have something in the back of the wardrobe (a Girls' kilt - if I didn't sent it to the charity shop)?

sidress · 17/02/2012 16:11

She is 9 but sizes vary in a given age. Where did you get it frontpaw?

OP posts:
PastGrace · 17/02/2012 16:14

John Lewis has some generic ones (also here) but they are pretty pricey, especially the second.

Frontpaw · 17/02/2012 16:17

I got it from one of those scottish shops on regent Street. It is a kiddies one (probably age 10-12) and I was thin enough to wear it then! It has the adjustable buckle strap on the side and comes to just above my knee and had the kilt pin. I needed it for a school dress up day.

I am now so fat that it would be indecent of I tried to wear it now! I can sent it to you (glad for it to go to a good home). Only worn twice! I am pretty sure it is in the back of the wardrobe as I don't remember puting it in the charity bag. I won't be able to have a ferret until Monday though.

PastGrace · 17/02/2012 16:21

Amazon has them too, but not sure about the reliability of the seller.

Paw am Envy at you being able to fit into a child's skirt.

Frontpaw · 17/02/2012 16:25

The lady on the shop was a bit surprised to. Especially since I am 5"7 but I slipped it on and it was fine. I used to have a tiny waist.

Ah the old days, when I was slim, healthy and ate like a hungry hungry hippo. Now I am just one out of three!

Frontpaw · 17/02/2012 16:26

Just looked at the Amazon link - mine is like the red one. It looks a bit longer though.

sidress · 17/02/2012 17:09

Thanks for the links.

Paw I read it that you wore it when you were actually 10 or 11 and at school! You must have been super thin as an adult, like I wish I was.

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.