My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style and beauty

Alternative to Clinique comfort on call moisturiser?

9 replies

crazyaccountant · 15/02/2012 21:29

Any ideas for alternative to Clinique comfort on call moisturiser? They have discontinued my hero product and now I've nearly emptied my stock pile I'm desperate for a replacement, complication is I have a severe nut allergy so can't use creams with nut oils in and this one was predominantly olive oil based so perfect for my totally over sensitive hideously dry and flaky skin!

OP posts:
Ranelaghmammy · 15/02/2012 22:39

What is with everything being discontinued? I love Dermologica Skin Smoothing Cream. Great for daily use and feels lovely.

cardoon · 16/02/2012 07:24

Why do they do this.........

Also a fan of C on C although it wasn't quite as good as the Seriously Upset Skin one or the Weather Everything which I would love to find a replacement for.

ameliagrey · 16/02/2012 08:33

Haven't used it but have you thought about something like the Avenne range from larger Boots- it's formulated for people with eczema etc.

Don't confuse it with Aveeno- this is something like L'eau d'Avenne and comes froma spa in france,

crazyaccountant · 16/02/2012 18:12

Thanks ladies, so bloody annoyed with Clinique as nightmare to find a replacement as have to faff about patch testing when trying anything new! Surprised they have discontinued C on C as hasn't really been out long and no replacement so they now have no real sensitive skin product in the brand.

Thanks for averne tip, have registered online and requested samples as may be an option as no bloody almond oil in ingredients (woo hoo!) seems to be the latest trend to stick nut oils in everything so getting increasingly hard to find something suitable!

OP posts:
warmandwooly · 16/02/2012 22:47

Just a thought but have you tried ringing The Cosmetics Company? They have an outlet at McArthur Glen outlet at Yoprk (and maybe other places). They sell Estee Lauder owned brnads including Clinique. Maybe they have it in stock (don't know how long it was discontinued

crazyaccountant · 16/02/2012 23:26

Ah thanks warm I will give them a ring as I'm in the NE so a trip to York is a possibility one weekend if there is some in stock!

OP posts:
Gillybobs · 17/02/2012 11:39

CLinique have a number you can call for discontinued stock. One of the sales assistants gave me it last year when an eyeshadow was discontinued. Clinique are the worlds worst for discontinuing I find. Anyway, maybe ask a sales assistant for the number, there is bound to be stock left somewhere

PrimaBallerina · 17/02/2012 12:44

Waitrose bottom butter is intensive, olive oil based and about £2.50. Worth a try I reckon.

casponia · 24/08/2013 04:10

YES! I found a great alternative to comfort on call- it is BETTER and easily obtained! Go to Sephora and buy this type of cream.....
Dual Repair Face Cream from Fab First Aid Beauty. I know this is an old thread but if anyone else is disappointed about comfort on call being discontinued - you will love this other stuff. It is better for really dry skin and mine is also extremely sensitive check it out!

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.