My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style and beauty

What to wear with my boots?

7 replies

Whatdoiknowanyway · 17/01/2012 12:40

I went shopping with my 19yr old daughter and with her encouragement bought a pair of knee boots and an above the knee skirt.

She's now gone back to uni and I'm suffering a crisis of confidence. Tried them on today and am worried that the skirt is too short for me (even thought the saleswoman in the shop was about my age and was wearing similar).

Could someone have a look and tell me what sort of thing I could be wearing with the boots?

The boots are black with a heel - really beautiful but because I don't wear skirts often I'm very under confident about them.

I'm 48, 5'10" and a size 12. I clean up well but am usually in decent jeans and a shirt as I work from home or a suit when I'm seeing clients. I really want to wear the boots (and the skirt) but I don't want to look ridiculous.
Help?

OP posts:
KandyBarr · 17/01/2012 12:58

They are enviable boots - lovely. They've got a 70s thing going on with the small platform, so perhaps worth trying an on-the-knee skirt in an A-line shape?

DottyDot · 17/01/2012 13:00

I've got boots like that and either wear them with on the knee skirts and wrap around tops or have started wearing them with black leggings and tunic-type dresses. Or with dark coloured dresses, finishing on the knee and black tights.

Lovely boots btw! Smile

Gillybobs · 17/01/2012 13:04

Boots are gorgeous!

Id personally wear them with a dress (knitted dress or wrap dress?) or with skirt that came to the knee or below, probably a-line (denim or moleskin?) or soft in shape rather than fitted. Also if you wear skinny jeans you could tuck them in - lovely! That would be a great look with a lovely blouse on top. I wouldnt wear them with an above the knee skirt (im 38) just because Id feel a bit self conscious.

Whatdoiknowanyway · 17/01/2012 13:23

Right, need to go shopping again! I'm not very good at this. - too many years of buying for the children rather than me.
Thank you so much for your suggestions. I do love the boots and want to make sure I wear them.

OP posts:
MrsMeow · 17/01/2012 21:48

Those boots are lovely! One of my lecturers at uni had a v similar pair on today and she was wearing them with a black flippy knee length skirt which had green swirly flowers around the hem - it looked quite Boden tbh - a plain black long sleeved top and a green cardi. She looked really nice :)

TapselteerieO · 18/01/2012 11:41

This might work and feel a little less effort than a skirt?

Whatdoiknowanyway · 18/01/2012 14:57

Great ideas - thank you

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.