Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

A safe space for people who want to savour the best skin extractions, blackhead removal, boil / cyst and pimple popping and so much more.

Splinter in ds's foot and he won't let me near it

6 replies

thenewaveragebear1983 · 08/08/2018 17:27

Little Ds has a whopper of a splinter in his foot. We’re on holiday so all I have is my eyebrow tweezers! Any suggestions how to get it out??

Splinter in ds's foot and he won't let me near it
OP posts:
Please
or

daydreamdaisy · 08/08/2018 17:31

My mum always used to wait till I fell asleep and then do it! There's something you can do with soaking it - poss bicarb and water?

Please
or

Beamur · 08/08/2018 17:32

Ouch. Do you have any sudocrem? If it's sore, I'd cover it with sudocrem and a plaster - even better if at bedtime and after a shower. Leave it overnight, the skin will be softened by the cream, then use a needle to lift the end of the splinter and grip it with the tweezers.

Please
or

Sassenach85 · 08/08/2018 17:34

This happens to my DD and we probably traumatised her holding her down to try and get it out. In the end we left her in the pool all day and it worked its way out by itself

Please
or

thenewaveragebear1983 · 08/08/2018 18:47

Got it! Hot bath, wrapped up in towel, Dh holding him, me with tweezers. I Feel like a surgeon now!

OP posts:
Please
or

Beamur · 08/08/2018 19:19

Nice one!

Please
or

starfishmummy · 08/08/2018 22:22

Allegedly you can suck them out with a Calpol syringe

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?