My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on special needs.

SN children

Family fund still waiting?

8 replies

CoffeeFirstPlease · 05/07/2022 07:40

Hi everyone just wondered if anyone has applied for the family fund recently?

I applied March 19th and still have not received a decision. I have contacted them twice once at 10wks and once at 13wks both times I was just told its progressing nicely and they will be in contact soon. I have checked the tracker and it has been on the same step since week one.

Anyone applied around the same time and had a decision?

OP posts:
Polly421 · 05/07/2022 08:10

I applied 24th of March and still waiting. I called at 10 weeks and lady said as its my first application can usually take 3/4 months. So yesterday I phoned again as now waiting 15 weeks and guy said it’s with decision maker and it was good news my daughter has been accepted as eligible which means my daughter will receive something but it’s not been decided yet. So he said fingers crossed we should hear soon.

CoffeeFirstPlease · 05/07/2022 09:54

Polly421 · 05/07/2022 08:10

I applied 24th of March and still waiting. I called at 10 weeks and lady said as its my first application can usually take 3/4 months. So yesterday I phoned again as now waiting 15 weeks and guy said it’s with decision maker and it was good news my daughter has been accepted as eligible which means my daughter will receive something but it’s not been decided yet. So he said fingers crossed we should hear soon.

O wow it is my first claim as well but my tracking still says checking eligibility maybe I'll call them as the emails seems a bit generic. I'm week 16 this week so maybe I'll get some more information if I call.

That's great news your daughter has been accepted can I ask what you applied for? My daughter receives HRC and LRM dla.

OP posts:
Polly421 · 05/07/2022 12:53

We asked for haven voucher for break. So all the eligibility side of things has been verified now so just waiting to hear back about as online it’s still same status he said it won’t change until they make decision on amount.

CoffeeFirstPlease · 05/07/2022 17:33

Thank you for your reply I'll give them a call tomorrow then as it has been on the same step since March now.

OP posts:
Patchyman1 · 17/08/2022 19:47

Did you get anywhere with contacting family fund? I applied 16th April had 2 emails to say progressing well but no timescale! Applied for outdoor play equipment if that makes any difference.
Thanks

xxAmy · 11/11/2022 09:37

Good morning @CoffeeFirstPlease @Patchyman1 @Polly421
how did you all get on? Iv recently applied 1st time too so just wondering how long you all waited and what happened…
did you get a phone call to be asked questions about your child?
if you don’t mind sharing your family fund experience that would be great. I’m on week 8 and by the looks of things I’m not even half way through my wait 🤦🏻‍♀️ Xx

Patchyman1 · 11/11/2022 09:49

Mine took 5 months in the end but we did get the award. Didn't get a phonecall but we sent LOADS of supporting evidence!

Polly421 · 11/11/2022 12:28

I was about 5 months also no phone call just received letter confirming we had been awarded. They did tell me first time application which mines was can take longer than the 10 weeks that they usually aim for.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.