My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on special needs.

SN children

I can’t believe this is happening - i feel it’s my fault

4 replies

irishgirl28 · 30/06/2021 21:48

I feel sick thinking i’ve caused this, I’m almost certain my thyroid was mismanaged during pregnancy and i was severely under active and my beautiful 7 month old is showing signs of development delay/sensory issues etc. since birth. I’m not sure i can cope with knowing this could have been avoided and feel my baby has been so let down by healthcare professionals and me.

OP posts:
orinocosfavoritecake · 01/07/2021 16:29

Deep breaths. Can you say why you think your baby is delayed?

orinocosfavoritecake · 01/07/2021 16:32

I’m not trying to belittle your belief - but 7 months is very tiny.

irishgirl28 · 01/07/2021 18:39

Hello thank you for your reply, multiple issues since birth - severe reflux, food intolerances, has never fallen asleep independently, never hardly cries for bottle, poor eye contact, no babbling, i could go on. A recent MRI/blood tests have thankfully ruled out anything life threatening. If it was random i could deal with it better but knowing it could have been avoided is making me ill and i worry what the future is for my baby and feel he has been badly let down. It’s awful.

OP posts:
orinocosfavoritecake · 01/07/2021 18:52

The MRI sounds like good news - 7 months is pretty early for babbling and very early to be falling asleep independently. Has any doctor or nurse said there are actual issues and that these can be tracked back to thyroid?

Either way, please be kind to yourself. Whatever happened in the past you can’t change it.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.