My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on special needs.

SN children

Has anyone self referred for portage?

4 replies

DamnedRose · 26/02/2021 08:12

DS is 2 and suspected ASD. He is completely non verbal and struggles with understanding and social interaction. We’re at the very early stages of getting him assessed but I’ve seen that you can self refer to portage and I weeded if it was worth doing this in the meantime and if anyone has had any success?

OP posts:
Lil115 · 27/02/2021 00:21

Hi, I’d say yes - they don’t have it in my area at the moment unfortunately. But I have heard from so many other parents how great they are, seems like one of the best things you can do during that limbo period. It’s easy to go online and get an a email address for your nearest branch and in my experience they get back to you very quickly.

PrincessArora · 11/03/2021 22:44

Yes. I did. And they have been amazing. Worst they can do is say no.......give it a go.

BackforGood · 11/03/2021 22:48

Yes, absolutely do it.
The worst that can happen is that you either don't meet their criteria or that they have a long waiting list.
Potentially though you get a great deal of support.

doadeer · 12/03/2021 17:51

I'm sure you can! We have portage for my 2 year old, it's worth trying to get it

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.