My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on special needs.

SN children

So proud brought a tear to my eye

5 replies

eidsvold · 09/02/2006 12:30

Dd1 attends sn kindy on thurs am and then she goes to mainstream kindy for the afternoon. The other children at mainstream do a full day.

Anyway today when I dropped her off she went and in played nicely whilst she waited for the other children to come in from outside play. They were then told to take their hats off and sit on the carpet.

Well I turned around and dd1 was the first one sitting on the carpet with her little legs crossed hands in her lap, waiting for her teacher to read the story. I was so proud of her sitting nicely I got all choked up and had a tear on my eye.

It did not last long as she was sooo tired she then laid on her tummy and watched her teacher read the story. At one stage another little girl tried to get her to sit up and dd1 just held her hand - so they sat/lay there together holding hands......[ahhhhh]

When I went to get her she was still dead asleep from nap time... apparently - first full day today - as they were putting everyone's sheets on a stretcher at a time - dd1 kept trying to climb into everyone ele's bed as she was soo tired.

OP posts:
Socci · 09/02/2006 12:41

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn

buzylizy · 09/02/2006 12:46

how sweet

coppertop · 09/02/2006 12:48

It sounds as though she's really enjoying herself.

RTKangaMummy · 09/02/2006 13:02

SmileSmileSmileSmile

FioFio · 09/02/2006 14:37

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.