My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on special needs.

SN children

OMG ds1 has fallen in love with our calendar

12 replies

getbakainyourjimjams · 02/02/2006 22:05

It's one of those organised mums ones (ha ha! I wish). I took it down the other day to write in and forgot to put it back. He came home from school and was absolutely screaming the place down crying his eyes out- had no idea why- took about 15 minutes to work out.

And now he won't let me turn over to February. Tears, screaming, shouting. I'm unorganised enough as it is. I need to see February!

OP posts:
starlover · 02/02/2006 22:06

you;'ll have to get another one... a secret one!

FrannyandZooey · 02/02/2006 22:08

Oh dear. Ds is NT as far as I know but had a similar love affair with, I think it was August's page last year. It was a particularly nice polar bear actually. Can you cut out the date bit from Feb and stick it onto Jan's page without him sussing? I was contemplating this last year.

Or just take out Feb's page and stick it somewhere else?

getbakainyourjimjams · 02/02/2006 22:24

God no, he's probably memorised every bit of it. It may be the little pic of a window. I'm not sure I dare cut it out to stick on Feb in case Feb is then "wrong".

OP posts:
SorenLorensen · 02/02/2006 22:27

Can you rip out the rest of the pages and stick them inside a cupboard door or something and leave the top January page up for him?

JakB · 03/02/2006 09:53

Buy another calendar?! And let him have this one as his own.

Hausfrau · 03/02/2006 10:03

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Davros · 03/02/2006 11:31

Do you mean a PAPER calendar??? What are those??? Use an internet one like moi!

getbakainyourjimjams · 03/02/2006 11:51

god I'd be late for everything then Davros. Ds1 will only tolerate the computer on for a max of 5 minutes- he then swtiches it off. No chance!

OP posts:
Davros · 03/02/2006 11:57

Oh bugger, buy another!

getbakainyourjimjams · 03/02/2006 12:08

Ha! I think I'm a bit anal though as January hanging up in the hall forever is going to irritate me.

OP posts:
FioFio · 03/02/2006 12:14

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn

getbakainyourjimjams · 03/02/2006 21:22

I tried sneaking the page onto Feb again today while he was at school he arrived home and went ape screaming, crying and had to redo his coming in from school routine (stripped off, so had to get dressed again, then strip off again, then get chased around the house to get dressed again).

I probably should chill about it, after all its really not that important, but its this type of control over something tiny that really gets to me. I guess I kind of think I should be allowed to put it onto February!!!! I know I'm in the wrong, or at least shouldn't be bothered by it, far bigger things out there but it just grates more than a lot of bigger things.

Mind you he's in a weird mood tonight - weed on the floor twice (hasn't done that in ages) then tried to poo in the (empty) bath. I think its attention seeking because ds2 is ill and had taken up residence on the sofa.

I don't really mind that - more annoyed about being stick on Jan than him weeing on the floor on purpose!

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.