My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on special needs.

SN children

I am so fed up of Poo..........

11 replies

anniebear · 07/09/2005 07:56

Nearly every morning Ellie manages to poo when I have left the room.

I am so fed up with it.

She has just turned 4 and still in nappies, she sticks her hand down her nappy and this morning it was on her face.

I also think she then enjoys going upstairs to wash her hands!! which isn't helping discourage her

Have tried putting a all in one vest on her but she put her hand up the leg part instead.

Can you get large all in ones without feet? (I know you can get thick fleece ones but don't want one of them)

Have just e mailed Fledglings , has anyone used them before?

Thanks

xx

OP posts:
Saker · 07/09/2005 09:49

I don't know if this is any use, it is an American site but it does sell bodysuits with longer legs "great for keeping busy hands away from diapers" - see item D on this page .

Caroline5 · 07/09/2005 21:12

Sorry anniebear, no advice, just sympathy as my dd2 is the same - I had really had enough of poo on our holiday. Day 1 dd2 poos in bath (never seen dd1 get out so quick!), day 2 dd2 poos in bed which I discovered at 11.30pm all over the sheets and in hair/on face/under fingernails etc while she slept through it and so it continued! Don't think the neighbours understood why I was doing so much washing on holiday! dd2 also enjoys the hand washing like Ellie. good luck with finding an all in one.

Jimjams · 07/09/2005 21:22

We had this problem but with wee (luckily!) I found the only thing we could do was as soon as we heard any stirring was charge to the room, yank ds1 out of bed and put him on the toilet. I reckon we managed it 50% of the time. COuld you put a moniter in her room so you hear her as soon as she moves (in combination with sleepsuits etc to slow her down).

Saker · 07/09/2005 21:22

something like here .

Saker · 07/09/2005 21:23

sorry that didn't link to correct page, try again .

Saker · 07/09/2005 21:24

sorry their urls are a bit strange, try putting the code 914 into the search box at the top of the page.

anniebear · 07/09/2005 21:25

Thnaks

She tends to do them after we have come down at some point, but manages to do it when I leave the room!

OP posts:
anniebear · 07/09/2005 21:31

Has anyone ever looked at or used the Fledglings site>

You can e mail them with things you may need but can't get because of having a SN child and they will look for one for you

It looks a really good site

I'll get the web page in a mo

They have some all in ones but have not got a reply yet

OP posts:
anniebear · 07/09/2005 21:32

www.fledglings.org.uk/

still can't do links, sorry

OP posts:
chonky · 08/09/2005 10:33

Anniebear, give them a call. I've used them in the past and have found them really helpful, but I've always phoned (I think they're a really small set-up so it probably takes them a while to wade through their inbox).

MrsForgetMeNotFul · 08/09/2005 11:50

(probably no use.....)

Found this on a website:

ONE PIECE PLAY SUIT
This play suit has long sleeves, and long legs, made of 100% cotton knit, with ribbing at the neck, bottom of sleeves and ankles.
Made of a print or plain colored fabric.
Snaps in the crotch for easy diaper changing available for $5.00 extra.
Snaps or zipper down the front.
The fabric for this garment DOES NOT meet the standards for children's night wear.
ORDER:
#880 - -Children's Play Suit.......sizes 2-6.........$35.00
#881 - -Children's Play Suit.......sizes 8-12........$40.00

Plain colors: Navy, Red, maroon, lavendar, lt. lavendar, and gray thermal knit.

Specially For You, Inc.
15621 309th Ave.
Gettysburg, SD 57442
Carolynn & Mellisa Weinert
(605) 765-9396

FALL & WINTER 2004-2005
[email protected]

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.