Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. You may wish to speak to a medical professional before starting any diet.

Menopause will sw work

bobdylannumber1 · 17/07/2022 13:36

Hi I am 51 sw worked for me before but when I was late 40s liked the plan however I never reached my target was afraid to.loose too much and look like an old hag.but was delighted my weight loss. In lock down wfh and piled on the weight didn't really care but now it's summer and I look really fat everywhere particularly my stomach I'd say I've 2 stone to loose but 1 stone would be a great start.
I hate being this fat, but is it possible to loose weight on sw plan in menopause .

OP's posts:
Please
or

NorthernSoul55 · 20/07/2022 17:34

Yes! I'm on my second attempt post menopause and the oldest in my group by 10 years. First time I lost 3,5 stone, and kept it off for 3 years. This time 1 stone 4lb so far. I'm a slow loser, average 1lb a week. I set my target at the top end of healthy BMI which suits my shape, makes me a comfortable size 12 and avoids the loss of fat in my face. It really is face or arse as you get older!

Please
or

bobdylannumber1 · 05/08/2022 00:19

Thanks for replying, its great to know it has worked for you ill get my arse in gear amd start in the coming weeks . I kmow your rigjt about the face or arse but I need to loose a large portion of my arse at the moment bit yes I dont want to.look think and haggard either.

OP's posts:
Please
or

SpongeBobJudgeyPants · 06/08/2022 18:18

3 stone down now, and menopausal.

Please
or

bobdylannumber1 · 07/08/2022 00:58

Aah that's great ladies, gives me motivation,to go and do it

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.