Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. You may wish to speak to a medical professional before starting any diet.

Family friendly meals

Cm17 · 23/06/2022 19:22

Hi all,

I've decided I'm starting slimming world Saturday!
We have an 18 month old and need some meal ideas that is slimming world friendly but also suitable for an 18 month old to enjoy also!

We have the usual spag bowl, omelette, roasty

I work full time so ideally meals that can be cooked and dished up in 30 mins

Personally I've never been a fan of batch cooking, I prefer to cook fresh.

Thanks 😊

OP's posts:
Please
or

RenegadeMrs · 25/06/2022 23:57

Tray bakes. Tonnes of them on the app and loads that can be adapted to be SW friendly. Often take longer than 30 mins to cook but once it's in the oven nothing more needs doing. The Mediterranean veg one on the app is good and then you can add whatever meat your family likes.

At the moment the 3% burgers from M&S go down well with my kids and they are in a 3 for £10 deal with garlic and herb chicken flatties that take 12 mins to cook and I serve with salad and new potatoes.

Please
or

Nannewnannew · 04/07/2022 11:05

Have you looked at the SW 50 Golden Greats cookbook, it has some great recipes in it?

Please
or

ihavespoken · 04/07/2022 11:08

Pinch of nom recipes ae family-friendly and work well with Slimming world (you will have to work out syns and allocate healhy A / B). They have a book called Quick and Easy which would prob suit you

Please
or

Thegirlwithnousername · 13/07/2022 20:31

I use Slimming eats they have loads of recipes online and also have a cook book, My kids love lots of the recipes
www.slimmingeats.com/blog/

Please
or

phantomgroggy · 24/07/2022 12:19

You can read cookbooks or consult healthy and family-friendly recipes that want to lose weight foodle

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.