Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. You may wish to speak to a medical professional before starting any diet.

Hello! Back on the wagon!

WingingIt101 · 11/08/2020 13:59

Hi all

I was a member of slimming world pre-pregnancy. Joined at 16st5lbs and by the time I stopped at 4 months pregnant i was 15st2.5lbs.
That was mid october.
In the time since I’ve given birth to my beautiful first baby at the start of lockdown and, we’ll become a full on lockdown Lardy bum, snorting custard creams by the pack and enjoying anything remotely beige that can be eaten one-handed.

Today I rejoined my group. I weighed in at 16.0st so I’ve gained 11.5lbs in 10months.
I’m bloody chuffed as it could have easily been another stone and I couldn’t have wondered why!!

So really I wanted to introduce myself as I’ve not used these boards on MN before and of course if you have tips on quick and easy snacks and meals (breakfast lunch and dinner) with a 4 month old I’d be really grateful if you could share them!

Thank you x

OP's posts:
Please
or

AHippoNamedBooBooButt · 11/08/2020 14:17

Hi 👋 I'm back on the SW wagon as well, starting yesterday. 3years ago i lost 1stone which took me into healthy bmi territory. Then over the last 2 I gradually gained it back, then lock down hit and I've gained another stone, which now makes me obese. I can't bare to go back and admit how much more I weigh so I've joined online. Fortunately the app is a million times better than it was 3years ago! It just doesn't help that dh is trying to take as much advantage of this eat out to help out scheme and is constantly taking us out to eat so I am trying to preplan what to eat and check syns etc.
Congratulations on the baby, I dont have much advice but say enjoy it as dieting is so much easier with a baby then a 4year old who believes whatever I eat, he can have half off as well. So he gets half my muller light but I can't touch his biscuits 😉

Please
or

MissMogwai · 13/08/2020 18:29

Hi I'm back on board too (again)!

I'd lost about 18lb for my wedding and felt
Great. Lockdown hit, weddings postponed and I've put almost all of it back on 😩

So I've been back on it since Monday, and I've been swimming 3 times this week. First group starts on Saturday so I'm hoping to have made a bit of a dent in the gain.

Please
or

WingingIt101 · 15/08/2020 21:42

I rejoined and have come away on holiday for the first three weeks.

I’m two bottles of wine a curry and a kitkat in

This is not going well

OP's posts:
Please
or

ListenLinda · 16/08/2020 07:32

Hi! Long time on and off slimming worlder here. Joined about 4 weeks ago, when it was still all virtual. Couldnt get on board with it so lost about 4lbs etc but went back to a group last week and weighed in 0.5lbs less than 4 weeks ago.

That was my kick up the bum and chose the fresh start option at weigh in.
Did you all start as totally new members?
Have you all set your target yet?

I’m desperate to get to the weight I was when I originally did slimming world 6 years ago. I don’t want to avoid pics with my children anymore. I’m 30 in 5 weeks and would love to of lost a stone.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.