Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. You may wish to speak to a medical professional before starting any diet.

Have your groups been cancelled yet?

Pamalarrrr · 14/03/2020 22:12

Just wondered if they will be this week? I have so little self control, will really try to keep it going but .... Hmm

OP's posts:
Please
or

ShesGotBetteDavisEyes · 15/03/2020 19:59

I’ve been wondering the same, I only returned 2 weeks ago and have been doing well but this situation is going to make it harder....supermarket had no tinned tomatoes or 5% beef mince earlier! This could go on for months so I’m not sure how well dieting is going to go (unless we can’t go shopping in which case we’ll starve anyway!)

Please
or

LouisaJenny · 16/03/2020 12:10

Nope.

Their press release on their website says to basically carry on as usual! This isnt even on their website homepage. You have to scroll to ‘Newsroom’ at the bottom.

My consultant sent a message saying anyone either at risk, NHS or careworker can go earlier than normal to have a 1:1 with her. Business as usual for the rest of us.... I think I might weigh and go. I usually really enjoy the group but don’t fancy sitting shoulder to shoulder with everyone as we are usually packed in.

I think their response is poor to be honest. I know WW have cancelled their groups and gone to online ones.

Please
or

Standrewsschool · 16/03/2020 12:15

Surely SW groups are franchises, so they’re not actually employed by SW, so it’s up to hosts whether they cancel or not.

Please
or

LouisaJenny · 16/03/2020 12:19

Yeah, I think you are right.

Please
or

florriepeck · 16/03/2020 13:31

Business as usual at my group this morning, but the Consultant said that the situation might change as there are further developments.
Said there was nothing as yet from SW head office.
We talked about possible solutions if necessary, eg staged weigh-ins.
She had to keep steering the conversation away from members talking about toilet rolls!

Please
or

InfiniteSheldon · 16/03/2020 15:31

We've instigated a lot of new hygiene rules and are opening early so the queues don't build up I won't be hokdi g Image Therapy just chatting to members I expect to be closed next week

Please
or

Pamalarrrr · 16/03/2020 16:43

I think I will just weigh in and go too. Someone on our FB group said about our consultant videoing it and uploading it for us to watch which i thought was a good idea.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Groovee · 17/03/2020 05:58

I'm seriously thinking of not going. Have already said no to doing the weigh in due to my chronic health conditions.

Please
or

rosie1959 · 17/03/2020 06:06

WW has closed was until April but expect this may be extended

Please
or

LouisaJenny · 17/03/2020 06:50

I wonder if they will change their stance now that all ‘non-essential’ stuff should be cancelled, as this really is!

Please
or

Pamalarrrr · 17/03/2020 07:25

Apparently sw are letting their consultants know this morning what they should do. So we will know then. I expect it will all close for a while. Our group has a v high older person count so probably safest if they do suspend it

OP's posts:
Please
or

Littlebookwormiam · 17/03/2020 13:24

Mine has been cancelled

Please
or

Mauhea · 17/03/2020 14:11

Yes, I got notification today that our group is cancelled for at least the next 3 weeks. Just gonna have to stick to what I've learnt, keep a food log and hope for the best!

Please
or

LouisaJenny · 17/03/2020 14:19

Nothing from my consultant, the group as tonight Confused

Please
or

JaceLancs · 17/03/2020 16:36

Mine has been cancelled - there are other local ones that are saying open to weigh only but that will probably change

Please
or

DustyMaiden · 17/03/2020 16:38

Yes cancelled, the venue shut.

Please
or

CheriLittlebottom · 17/03/2020 16:41

All groups cancelled according to my consultant. Orders from above.

Makes sense, it's a lot of older people and high BMI people who are also high risk.

Please
or

Groovee · 17/03/2020 17:27

I heard at 10.30 while in costa, that they had been cancelled. Wasn't confirmed until 2.30pm by my consultant.

Then someone said "so Tuesday class is cancelled... so Thursday is on right!" 🤦🏻‍♀️

Please
or

LouisaJenny · 17/03/2020 17:49

Mine’s been cancelled. Asked to weigh at home if possible and keep consultant updated...

Please
or

Lozz22 · 17/03/2020 17:51

Mine has been cancelled

Please
or

iklboo · 17/03/2020 17:53

Ours are cancelled till 6 April at the earliest

Please
or

RhymingRabbit3 · 17/03/2020 17:53

I hope they are cancelled. My mum is a SW consultant running 2 groups and I was quite concerned at the weekend when she said she was planning to continue as normal.

Please
or

Pamalarrrr · 17/03/2020 20:17

Yes, all cancelled from the letter our consultant sent

OP's posts:
Please
or

florriepeck · 18/03/2020 21:16

Sensible and understandable, but another bit of normality in our lives suspended.

Please
or

InfiniteSheldon · 21/03/2020 05:06

Going virtual from next week

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.