Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. You may wish to speak to a medical professional before starting any diet.

Soups?

cellibabies · 05/05/2019 17:22

I've just started with slimming world and it's going well so far, apart from one relatively minor thing which is that I rely on soups for so many of my lunches and it seems very few of these are syn-free? I've looked in Iceland at their range and none appeal, recipes online all seem to be carrot based or very tomatoey, or made with butternut squash. I know it's fussy but I really don't like any of these types of soup. I like the curried chicken type ones you get, or Mexican bean, leek and potato, mushroom soup, anything meaty, lentils etc. Are there any slimming world friendly versions of these? Either to buy or to make? Thanks.

OP's posts:
Please
or

englishdictionary · 05/05/2019 17:28

It's not so much the kind of soup but the ingredients you use. You can make any soup you want so long as you stick to the basic principle of 'free' food

Please
or

Groovee · 05/05/2019 19:11

Slimming eats blog has some good soup recipes. My favourite is baked potato soup.

Last year a friend made a tomatoless minestrone which is really lovely.

Please
or

cellibabies · 06/05/2019 08:38

Thanks!

OP's posts:
Please
or

florriepeck · 08/05/2019 14:17

Heinz tinned soups are quite low in syns, as they now have a free food allowance.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.