Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. You may wish to speak to a medical professional before starting any diet.

Lost and regained twice - how do I make sure its different this time?

shrubsoles · 07/08/2018 19:51

I think I know the answer to this at least in part. I've lost a total of 9st previously with SW (lost 5, gained 4, lost 4) but never got to my target weight or anywhere near (about 2-3st off it at best).

Both times I was eating awful stuff I hated...yoghurts, rice packets, those pasta & sauce things..plus the hi fi bars etc. I also never had any syns, or no more than 5 a day.

Most days I didn't like what I was eating. It felt like a diet - not being hungry but eating horrible food I didn't like!

My plan this time is to try and eat stuff I like within reason. I think this means I'll need to use my syns more.

Any other tips that those who have lost and kept it off can share please?

OP's posts:
Please
or

Groovee · 08/08/2018 08:21

I'm 20 weeks at target.

I cook from scratch. So this week's menu is

Heck sausages chips and I had beans rather than speed.

Pasta made with passatta, veg, oregano and chicken.

Paprika pork, roast potatoes and steamed carrots, broccoli and cauliflower.

Pasta bake

Salmon, wholewheat cous cous and salad

Other favourites are cheeseburger pasta, risotto, jambalaya, beef stroganoff, burger in a bowl.

I'd advise checking out the slimming world recipes on their site, slimming eats blog and pinch of Nom. Two chubby cubs are good too.

Please
or

Groovee · 08/08/2018 08:24

Pinch of Nom do a weekly shopping list of new products and I find new syns and healthy extras there. I also mix up my healthy extras daily.

I buy whatever free yoghurts are on offer. My favourite are light and free by Danone. Lidl's Skyr is good too.

I keep wafer thin turkey in the fridge to snack on too.

Please
or

Bananajuice · 08/08/2018 08:28

Speed Vegetables is your friend here. Make sure your plate is at least a third full of it. The more I eat the more I lose.
I use my syns for treats and things like mayo to add to meals.
I'm 15 weeks in and have lost just under 3 st but have a long way to go. Sometimes I get a bit overwhelmed when I think of how much I still have to go but try to take it 1/2 st at a time :)

Please
or

OuchLegoHurts · 08/08/2018 09:38

Definitely try out new SW recipes...I got into a rut of eating the same stuff all the time and getting sick of it. This time since I rejoined I've been using the magazines and websites to try different dishes and some of them are amazing. I particularly recommend the Turkey Tikka burgers with chips (so big and filling and super easy to make) and Bobotie (google it) and the Thai green curry, and fried rice, although the sauce is more of a broth as it's very thin. All big hits with my kids too!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.