Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. You may wish to speak to a medical professional before starting any diet.

Constipation, wind and bloating.

Unsure123123 · 25/07/2018 20:42

I'm in my 12th week. Over the last 4 weeks I've lost total of only 2 lbs. I'm getting disheartened but I also feel really uncomfortable. I'm full of wind, can only go to the toilet every 3 days and it's a struggle and I'm blowing up. My rings which fitted 2 weeks ago now don't fit and by the end of each day my stomach is distended and I'm constantly needing to fart. I hate it!

I'm following the plan, writing my syns down, weighing food, drinking lots of water and eat alot of speed foods.

I have alot to lose. I don't want to stop as I've lost over a stone and half already. But I'm struggling as I feel so uncomfortable all the time.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Unsure123123 · 25/07/2018 20:44

What can I do to sort this out?

OP's posts:
Please
or

Onynx · 25/07/2018 20:59

Have you introduced any new food recently? I have similar symptoms if I eat a lot of wheat for example (not coeliac just an intolerance).

Please
or

Unsure123123 · 25/07/2018 21:14

Hi onyx. I don't think I have. My diet is pretty much the same.

Fruit and yogurt for bfast
Salad or left over tea for lunch
Slimming world tea.

I have fruit or vegetable to snack on and my syns usually come from chocolate, sauces, crisps. I don't drink much alcohol. Bread is limited, heb is either bread, hifi bars or rivita. Hea is a mixture of milk for drinks and low fat cheese.

I'm getting bored if I'm honest but if I give up now by Christmas I'll either be the same or fatter. If I keep going I'll have lost another stone (at least hopefully!).

OP's posts:
Please
or

Groovee · 25/07/2018 21:20

I found frozen fruit helped. Especially ones with a F beside it in the book x

Please
or

ALittleBitConfused1 · 26/07/2018 11:53

I feel bloated this week and have struggled to go to the loo.
Im blaming it on having 3 sp days, ive eaten more eggs and 2 potions of bread on each day, ive also obviously had to avoid yoghurt so not sure if that matters.
Have you spoken to your consultant. I would expect her to have alsked if everyrhing is ok after a weight loss that has become so slow.
Also ive decreased my water and increased my green t intake, you can get a pepermint one which is really good for your digestive system.

Please
or

Silverstreaks · 31/07/2018 13:15

It's how/when you eat fruit that is causing the problem. I had many symptoms similar to yours and eventually found the solution.

Either eat fruit by itself and leave at least 20 minutes until eating anything else or eat a non fruit breakfast, lunch or dinner and leave at least 2 hours before eating fruit.

It might take a couple of days to start working for you but it's definitely worth a try. My belly used to get rock hard and painful and cramp until I sorted it out.

Please
or

SunflowerJo08 · 31/07/2018 14:00

Hi, peppermint tea is very good for this, as is fennel although the taste takes a while to get used to! I agree with the tip about looking at your fruit; one of my favourite breakfasts is bran flakes with a banana on top but as with the poster I become rather poorly afterwards! Also make sure you are drinking as much water as possible to get everything flushed through.

You may benefit from taking dandelion root tablets or milk thistle tablets, available from Holland and Barret etc; these give your kidneys and liver a good going over which along with water can really help get things moving.

Please
or

SlimmingMumOf1 · 31/07/2018 16:19

I think you need to go and see a doctor.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.