Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. You may wish to speak to a medical professional before starting any diet.

Joining Slimming World when pregnant

leoniethelioness · 01/03/2016 20:32

Can I join if I'm pregnant? I'm 10 weeks and BMI puts me in the overweight category. I'm not trying to lose weight now but I need to break some bad habits and avoid piling on the pounds through unhealthy choices. I am making lots of them at the moment... Will I be allowed to join? Will I have to speak to my midwife first?

OP's posts:
Please
or

tabulahrasa · 01/03/2016 20:46

You can join, it's totally fine to do while pregnant and they'll give you a form to get signed by your midwife.

Please
or

stiffstink · 02/03/2016 10:05

Its definitely ok when pregnant but the focus tends to be not gaining over the course of the pregnancy rather than losing weight.

I joined in Jan 2015 and got pregnant in May. I had lost 1st 2 by that stage. I lost more up to being 7 months pg but gained 8lbs in the last 2 months (I blame Christmas)! DD is 3 weeks old and I am 1st 12lbs lighter than Jan 2015 and one size smaller.

Good luck and congratulations!

Please
or

leoniethelioness · 02/03/2016 19:27

Thank you both!

OP's posts:
Please
or

AllanaB · 04/03/2016 07:52

I jinxed slimming world when pregnant and only gained 11/2 stone in my pregnancy, I lost my baby weight in 2 weeks after baby was born, I'm now smaller then I was before I had my LG, it's good to have a healthy pregnancy for you and your baby,

Congratulations btw xx

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.