Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. You may wish to speak to a medical professional before starting any diet.

Is Online Membership Any Use?

MerlinToadsHellishMuttonSnuff · 01/11/2015 15:12

I used to go to attend a group a few years ago which was brilliant. I lost weight and felt great, but between the jigs and the reels the weight has crept back on.

I can't attend any local groups as toddler, DC's activities and DH's work (away a lot) don't allow for it.

I am on the verge of joining online but before doing so would be very interested to hear the opinions of online members. Is it any good? Do you get support? Is it easy to stay motivated?

Thanks in advance Halloween Smile

OP's posts:
Please
or

Purplerain067 · 01/11/2015 15:27

I too am sooooo busy so don't get round to going to groups! I joined online a couple of weeks ago and I love it.
My laptop is always on due to uni work anyway, so I'm always logged in, I find the recipe section and the syns section a great help.
I got the package that includes the magazines too and quite like reading those.
I lost 4lbs in my first week and was happy with that!
I think it depends on the person, but I love it!

Please
or

emmaluvseeyore · 01/11/2015 21:36

I have been an online member since April as I can't get to any local groups. I am quite well supported by family which really helps. Sometimes you feel like you need the support from an actual person iykwim. They regularly have online support chats you can take part in (not that I do). I would recommend it if you can't get to the group, but it does depend on the type of person you are as to whether it will work for you. I'm very disciplined with weighing myself every week and entering my weight, even if I have gone up.

Please
or

MerlinToadsHellishMuttonSnuff · 01/11/2015 21:57

Thanks Purple and emma for sharing your experiences and advice. I've taken the plunge and joined up (my starting weight is shocking Sad).

I'm on my last big binge at the moment - polished off lots of left over crap Hallowe'en treats. Am now supping a beer. Roll on tomorrow! I am actually looking forward to it. I have to do this! I'm on a very slippery slope Blush

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.