Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. You may wish to speak to a medical professional before starting any diet.

stuck in a rut

MrMacadoo · 26/01/2015 11:32

been doing SW since end of April last year and have lost 3 and a half stone. Am 1 stone 5lbs away from target and just feel like I am stuck in a giant rut. Am now back at work after maternity leave so find I have less time to prepare and am getting sick of making the same old things. Need a big kick up the bum please! Grin Any good slow cooker meal ideas? I rely on mine at the moment and am sick of casserole, chilli and boldness!

OP's posts:
Please
or

MrMacadoo · 26/01/2015 11:33

sorry, boldness should be bolognese!

OP's posts:
Please
or

juneau · 26/01/2015 11:42

Doesn't SW give you recipe suggestions?

Or how about not using the slow cooker all the time? I'd get bored of one-pot stews and casseroles too. You can make masses of easy, low-cal soups in about half an hour, or what about stir fries, microwaved baked potatoes, salmon baked in the oven with veggies on the side (again, takes about half an hour), grilled meat or fish, etc.

Please
or

MrMacadoo · 26/01/2015 11:52

yes they do give you loads of ideas I just wondered if anyone had anything good they had made; the last few recipes I have made off the website and in my books has been a nightmare Grin I like slow cooker things at the mo as with working and 2 kids under 2 i need things that involve minimal effort Grin

OP's posts:
Please
or

tabulahrasa · 26/01/2015 11:53

Can't help you with the slow cooker as I don't use one, but whenever I feel like I'm doing the same food over and over I do a week of making recipes from the website...they're not all amazing to be fair, but it's a week of different stuff and I usually come away with one or two that I can add in to what I usually make.

Please
or

crystal85 · 02/02/2015 14:07

The way I look at a slow cooker is if you can cook in or on a cooker you can slow cook it
So slow cooker ham ( in diet coke)
Diet coke chicken
If big enough put a whole chicken in ( upside down) with a little water then just need 10 mins finishing of in the oven while you boil veg.
What about fish bolgnise instead of mince (having that today had pollock crab and prawns plus veg in it)
Meatballs cooked in tomatos.
The mince to the no bun burger in the fake away book.
Curry - just add the yoghurt near the end of cooking
Or baked beans with quorn sausages (1syn each) - nice over night and having on toast for breakfast :-) hope this helps xx

Please
or

calzone · 02/02/2015 14:10

Fish, chips and mushy peas

Kedgeree

Stir fry with noodlesp

Please
or

MrMacadoo · 02/02/2015 15:14

thanks all some good ideas here. made the leeks and macaroni cheese from the mag on the weekend, i liked it but my husband not a fan! chicken and chorizo paella tonight so branching out in my repertoire...

OP's posts:
Please
or

MissHerde · 28/02/2015 20:32

Risotto is a winner!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.