Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. You may wish to speak to a medical professional before starting any diet.

What's for dinner? I need some inspiration please!

AtYourCervix · 24/05/2014 10:05

I don't know what I fancy. Can you inspire me please.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Clearlymisunderstood · 24/05/2014 11:24

I'm doing baby bel burgers with salad and SW chips!

Please
or

Selks · 24/05/2014 11:34

Lamb curry of some kind with nan bread, raita, green salad and popadoms. Not sure on curry recipe yet.

Please
or

Selks · 24/05/2014 11:35

Oops sorry ignore my post - I totally missed this was in slimming world topic!

Please
or

AtYourCervix · 24/05/2014 11:44

s'ok Selks. I hate lamb.

OP's posts:
Please
or

AtYourCervix · 24/05/2014 11:45

what's a baby bell burger?

OP's posts:
Please
or

Titsalinabumsquash · 24/05/2014 11:47

We're having chicken breast marinated in plain yoghurt with a lime and black pepper grinder pot thingy. I'll thread it into a skewer with button mushrooms and cherry tomatoes and grill them to have with a large salad. Smile

Please
or

trinitybleu · 24/05/2014 21:46

We had chicken jambalaya ... Recipe is on the British Turkey website. DD loves it too!

Please
or

InternetFOREVER · 25/05/2014 10:22

What did you have in the end cervix? Tonight we're having aubergine bake - sort of like lasagne but without the pasta and mince, with lots of slimming world cheese sauce on. It's actually yummy Smile
I think babybel burgers are home made burgers with a babybel squished into the middle, so it goes all gooey and cheesy, am planning to try!

Please
or

damnitdamnit · 25/05/2014 20:48

Just had chicken enchiladas (sinned tortilla) with salad and cubed potatoes and bacon.

Please
or

aleC4 · 26/05/2014 13:54

The babybel burgers are delicious and totally free if you use the cheese as HE. We have them a lot, usually with sw chips and a big salad.

Please
or

chocoholicanon · 27/05/2014 14:00

Diet coke chicken, everyone at class raving about it for months before I made it and it's gorgeous and I cannot stop making it.

Please
or

MissHooliesclassmonitor · 27/05/2014 14:13

chocoholicanon can you post the recipe please? Ive seen pics of it - looks lush :-)

Please
or

MissHooliesclassmonitor · 29/05/2014 10:44

DIET COKE CHICKEN
1 X CAN OF DIET COKE
6 TBSP OF PASSATA
2 X CHICKEN BREASTS
ONIONS, MUSHROOMS AND PEPPERS
1X TBSP OF WORCESTER SAUCE
I ALSO ADDED SOME HERBS AND SPICES (YOUR OWN PERSONAL TASTE)

COOK ONION, GARLIC AND PEPPERS FOR A COUPLE OF MINS IN FRY LIGHT, THEN ADD THE MUSHROOMS, THINLY SLICE THE CHICKEN BREAST AND FRY UNTIL GOLDEN. MIX THE PASSATA
WORCESTER SAUCE AND CAN OF DIET COKE IN A JUG AND ADD TO THE CHICKEN AND VEG MIX AND REDUCE DOWN TILL ITS LIKE A STICKY SAUCE. TASTED LIKE A BBQ SAUCE AND SERVE WITH BOILED RICE. YUM (",)
. IF YOU ADD SOY SAUCE AND CHINESE 5 SPICE IT MAKES A LOVELY CHINESE TOO!

copied from another site :-)

Please
or

MissHooliesclassmonitor · 29/05/2014 10:57

Chocolate brownies made with diet coke.
These chocolate brownies are amazing with ice cream and berries, they are gooey, chocolatey and generally just yummy.

For this recipe you will need:

A pack of brownie mix
A half of a can of diet coke

I used Morrisons own brand brownie mix, it serves 12 both on the pack and in reality and makes brownies that I calculated to be 4.5 syns each.

Pre heat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius

You make these just like the other recipes. Add the coke to the mix and stir until its smooth then put it in the oven for 20 minutes.

Please
or

Titsalinabumsquash · 29/05/2014 11:02

I had Diet Coke chicken yesterday and served it mixed in with some noodles, the kids wolfed it down! :)

Please
or

hedgetrimmer · 29/05/2014 13:05

Haha i love when people put recipes on saying "heres the recipe,1 cake mix" or "1 jar of ready made sauce"...........

Please
or

hedgetrimmer · 29/05/2014 13:06

I might try the diet coke chicken.I have done a gammon joint in coke before and that was nice.

Please
or

Elainey1609 · 29/05/2014 17:28

Sweet and sour chicken made with fantastic zero. similar recipe to diet coke one
Except you add some pineapple .
Can't remember all the ingredients but I got it off google so must be easy to find

Please
or

hedgetrimmer · 29/05/2014 20:55

had the diet coke chicken with noodles tonight with kids.Its was ok,not sure i would cook it again tbh,was a bit bland,i could of got a better flavour just chopping up some bits and bobs and adding in some soy sauce at the end,without all the crap thats in diet drinks!

Please
or

MissHooliesclassmonitor · 29/05/2014 22:24

Me too Hedgetrimmer - it didnt end up sticky and barbeque like at all! Just like chicken in a sweetish gravy. Maybe i did something wrong but it wouldnt reduce down even after half an hour of simmering

Please
or

MissHooliesclassmonitor · 29/05/2014 22:25

made fudge brownies though which at 1/2 a syn each were pretty good!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.