My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

You need to have been registered for 7 days to post in the Sex forum. Please don’t send unwanted PMs to other users.

Sex

Long term HRT horniness

7 replies

Estherpologist · 13/12/2022 11:47

I'm very much enjoying HRT patch horniness at the moment and I'm hoping it never wears off. Have any MNers on HRT had long term ups and downs? Has your libido stayed high, or has it trailed off after a year or two?

OP posts:
sparklysid · 13/12/2022 19:03

When I first started on HRT libido increased but 12 months on it's crashed again. Many peri/meno symptoms are back so maybe I need an increased dose.

Whatliesbeneath707 · 14/12/2022 05:50

An increased libido could be as a result of histamine intolerance in peri menopause. The libido is a nice side effect 😁

SpanishGoatFlower · 14/12/2022 08:53

Another one here, hope it lasts forever 😍

Estherpologist · 14/12/2022 08:57

Whatliesbeneath707 · 14/12/2022 05:50

An increased libido could be as a result of histamine intolerance in peri menopause. The libido is a nice side effect 😁

I'm pretty sure libido (amongst other benefits) is down to patches, though the precise neuroscience is beyond me. I'm just really hoping it doesn't wear off before I can make up for 20yrs lost in the wrong bedroom.

OP posts:
Willow12345 · 16/12/2022 18:54

Estherpologist · 13/12/2022 11:47

I'm very much enjoying HRT patch horniness at the moment and I'm hoping it never wears off. Have any MNers on HRT had long term ups and downs? Has your libido stayed high, or has it trailed off after a year or two?

I'm the same but from testosterone gel (I'd been on hrt for several months with no change in libido).
The testosterone gel took 3-4 months for the effects to kick in.. but when they did it was great!
Definitely recommend testosterone for any menopausal women.

StarlightSaga · 17/12/2022 00:31

I am on HRT after chemo and now I wake my husband up for sex virtually every night (I usually stay up later than him due to our work hours). He went back to the gym and now is rocking some serious muscle. He is obsessed with giving me pleasure and I have no objections.

Estherpologist · 17/12/2022 05:58

It's good o hear others are enjoying the boost, but my question is about how long it lasts.

Is anyone 5 or 10yrs down road and the still horny from HRT?

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.