My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

You need to have been registered for 7 days to post in the Sex forum. Please don’t send unwanted PMs to other users.

Sex

Female orgasmic potential - a question from a curious male

13 replies

LancashireLad · 18/06/2022 22:40

There have been a few items recently on the orgasmic potential of women. As an enthusiastic, always wanting to learn and improve husband of nearly twenty five years I'm all for that!

But here's something I've sometimes wondered about which this forum gives me a first opportunity to ask. A long ago former partner sometimes climaxed when she was performing fellatio on me. I wasn't touching her and she wasn't touching herself in any way, it was something which just seemed to happen. Given what I now know about how female orgasms occur if seems unlikely yet I'm sure it was genuine.

Is it possible that in some situations of sexual arousal there can be at least for some people a strong enough connection between what is going on in the mind and the body to cause an orgasm without external stimulation? I suppose logically the same question could be applied to the male orgasmic experience although I have not personally experienced it or got near to it however much I was enjoying what I was doing.

I asked my wife about it once and she said she thought she could understand how it might happen although she didn't think she could herself orgasm this way. Which by the way it totally fine. She's happy as she is and so am I. In fact more than. At the same time it would be interesting to know if such an experience could ever be "learned". I once read a book called "The Orgasm Loop" by Susan Crain Bakos which suggested it could be.

But I am really interested to know if this is "a thing" for some women, or if my previous partner was a bit unusual?

OP posts:
Thebeastofsleep · 18/06/2022 22:51

It's a thing. I've climaxed from dreams, no external stimuli.

IfYouOnlyKnew · 18/06/2022 23:25

I haven’t orgasmed in the way you are describing but as PP said I have climaxed from a dream with no external stimulation.

Furrbabymama1987 · 18/06/2022 23:32

I've came in my sleep a few times, usually when I was single and hadn't masturbated for a few days. And once I came a little bit watching a video of George Harrison without touching myself, but that's rare. I normally need about 5 to 10 mins stimulation.

BigButtons · 19/06/2022 08:24

Yeah- same with my and dreams on occasion.

j712adrian · 19/06/2022 20:15

M here, yes, my gf has an orgasm usually when I cum in her mouth.

ShortySara · 19/06/2022 20:27

This reply has been deleted

This has been deleted by MNHQ for breaking our Talk Guidelines.

Kitten2 · 20/06/2022 15:01

M here, yes, my gf has an orgasm usually when I cum in her mouth

Really?!
I love giving head but I can't see how that can be real. At the moment of giving head when a man comes you have to be concentrating pretty hard on the moment, working it just right, taking in the signs he is close etc. It must be very unusual to come simultaneously with no external stimulation for her.
Possible she is semi faking, trying to highten the experience for you?

BigButtons · 20/06/2022 16:54

This reply has been deleted

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

B1rd · 20/06/2022 17:38

I can orgasm when I suck cock. They're not as good as clit orgasms, more like a PIV orgasm. It definitely comes from hearing a man being vocal about his pleasure.

j712adrian · 20/06/2022 18:51

Kitten2 · 20/06/2022 15:01

M here, yes, my gf has an orgasm usually when I cum in her mouth

Really?!
I love giving head but I can't see how that can be real. At the moment of giving head when a man comes you have to be concentrating pretty hard on the moment, working it just right, taking in the signs he is close etc. It must be very unusual to come simultaneously with no external stimulation for her.
Possible she is semi faking, trying to highten the experience for you?

So, you have a 100% monopoly on all human sexual experience?

LancashireLad · 26/06/2022 07:58

Thanks for your responses on this. It prompted me to do a bit of online research and it seems it is a scientifically established thing (since Masters and Johnson's work in the '50s and '60's and up to a recent experiment reported in ScienceDirect.com) that orgasms can occur without external stimulation, including in dreams etc. as mentioned in several posts.

It seems (and as a number of people on here clearly already know) there is definitely a brain link to genital orgasmic response which doesn't necessarily require external stimulation. Although this is principally in women and much rarer in men, interestingly.

I didn't realise I was entering into a bit of a controversial area when I mentioned my own experience of a former partner having an orgasm when performing oral sex on me. I was just going on memories of my own experience but maybe it is all connected with the same thing?

OP posts:
Quirrelsotherface · 02/07/2022 06:47

Yep definitely a thing. Agree with poster above, not as intense without touch but I get waves. It's involuntary for me, the whole act turns me on.

Tiger2018 · 11/07/2022 15:48

Definately a thing. I've cum when sleeping like others have said but the most mind blowing one - I came while pegging my partner - absolutely no physical rubbing etc to cause it - it was a mind-gasm. It's happened twice now. The strangest bit - it felt different - almost like what I would imagine a man's orgasm would feel like ;)

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.