My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

You need to have been registered for 7 days to post in the Sex forum. Please don’t send unwanted PMs to other users.

Sex

AIBU to think this is a little odd?

9 replies

Goldilocks3Bears · 14/07/2018 10:24

So we all have celebrity crushes but mine range from Jason Momoa to Justin Bieber and this is not about mystery attraction.

However, my bf consistently lusts after women who all look the same. Busty brunettes.

The thing I find odd is that the type he’s had in real life is almost the opposite and myself and all his other relationships are athletic blondes.

AIBU to find this a bit strange and wonder what it’s all about?

OP posts:
NotTheFordType · 14/07/2018 11:23

Well physically he might like busty brunettes but perhaps he's smart enough to realise that good relationships are founded on personality being a good match and not a quite narrow physical type?

I definitely have a "type" (Benedict Cumberbatch, Tom Hiddleston, Michael Fassbender) but my relationships have covered pretty much every type from shorter than me to a foot taller than me; skinny to average to fat; blond, black, grey and bald; white, Asian and Black; pretty boy types to (as he described himself) "fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down".

Familymanhusband · 15/07/2018 08:09

I don't think it's odd at all - he clearly likes busty brunettes.

I like tall, slim, blond bombshells. Have an of my partners ever been like that? Nope. I'd still be searching now if I limited myself to a very specific 'type'.

As stated, personality and comparability is the foundation of long term happiness.

Goldilocks3Bears · 15/07/2018 15:46

So why not date busty brunettes with great personalities - that’s my point.

Not that I’m complaining :-) just thought it was peculiar...

OP posts:
Familymanhusband · 15/07/2018 17:06

Maybe he feels he doesn't have the pulling power for a busty brunette to his liking?

If I'd decided to stick to blonde bombshell or nothing, I'd have been single forever.

Goldilocks3Bears · 15/07/2018 17:26

It’s a mystery Smile

He clearly has pulling power as he’s with me and I’m a bit of a goddess of course.

OP posts:
Chippyway · 15/07/2018 18:18

You’re looking far too into this

He has a type. I have a favourite type of food but I still eat and enjoy others! It doesn’t make me enjoy other food any less just because I have a fave type

And it’s the same for you

Yes he may on the whole prefer busty brunettes but it doesn’t mean he loves or fancies you any less.

ShavenConnery · 15/07/2018 20:41

Nah, I don't think it's odd - he's not fantasying about athletic blondes because he already living the fantasy with you.

Gohackyourself · 15/07/2018 23:41

I agree with you OP and I find it strange.
My DP likes exactly the same type, but he’s only had 2 other long term relationships, one was blonde like me an other was brunette.

BatshitCrazyWoman · 07/08/2018 14:05

What the fuck is a 'bombshell' Hmm

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.