My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Find half term and school holiday activity ideas.

School holidays

What free/cheap things are you all doing over half term?

6 replies

FindingMyselfIn2023 · 19/02/2023 22:32

The idea of trying to keep the kids entertained without spending a small fortune is filling me with dread!

What are you all doing? Or what did you do last week, if you're lucky enough to be waving your child off to school tomorrow Grin

OP posts:
IggyAce · 19/02/2023 22:43

Check your local library the ones in my area have some events on.
Go for a walk and spot the first signs of spring.
If it’s wet, movie afternoon, baking.

FatAgainItsLettuceTime · 19/02/2023 22:45

Tomorrow we will be going to the skate park so DD can practice her scootering, there's a play park right next to it so she'll spend some time on that too. I'll take drinks, snacks and a picnic blanket so we can spend a few hours there. Then she's going to help me make spaghetti bolognaise and an apple crumble for dinner

Tuesday the nature reserve is doing a bird related craft day, small donation to make bird feeders, paint bird water dishes and some paper binoculars

Wednesday the weather looks like it's going downhill so probably swimming

Not sure on Thursday feels like we'll probably be ready for a mostly at home chill kind of day with some bedroom sorting/tidying thrown in to get rid of outgrown clothes and toys

Friday DD is with her Nana for the day and I will enjoy some quiet.

PaigeMatthews · 19/02/2023 22:45

Me and my children had different holidays but i did notice the museum had activities, as did the libraries.

timetogetlost · 19/02/2023 22:56

Library
Park
Garden Centre
Sainsburys cafe
Visit inlaws
Beach
Cycling
Friends over
Charity shop
Picnic

caringcarer · 19/02/2023 22:58

My Foster son 16 going to disabled cricket which is free on Wednesday then he has a Crav Magar lesson in the evening which is still going ahead even though half term. He has been invited to his best friend's house on Tuesday for the whole day so I will food shop and cook a roast and tidy and clean his room for when he gets back. I will probably invite his best friend back to our house on Friday. He has been invited to another friends on Thursday and asked to take his swimming kit. I think it is swimming in morning and they will drop him back about 4pm. Monday he is having his tutor from 9-10am. Then he can go for a 2k run around lake if not raining. He has cricket training on both Saturdays and both Sundays. I think he will chill out rest of time. Play a bit of Minecraft and will have to do a couple of hours homework too. Could you not invite a friend of his over? I find they will play board games/chess and play in garden and decorate their pizzas nicely together.

PuttingDownRoots · 19/02/2023 23:08

Pets at Home are running their animal workshops again. DDs lobed the one they went to 3 years ago

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.