Been with my partner 5 years, both have teenage kids who spend roughly 50% of time with us. All get on great, very happy.
Looking to move in together, in to partners house (it is the best size for us and ideal location). He earns about 1.5 times what I do, and has a mortgage on property. Trying to decide what we do financially and he’s given me options -
- I keep the 40k equity from my property and invest elsewhere, pay him rent and split bills.
- i invest 40k equity, go on title deeds and pay share of mortgage. But if we split the equity would have funded renovations so if maybe only get 30k back.
I am so conflicted - do I keep my equity but end up paying “empty” rent money and feel like a tenant for years? Or invest and take a risk of losing financially?
He Is desperate for a decision and wants us to move on. I’m just so conflicted