Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. Read our round up of the top pushchairs to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.

Bugaboo Ant or Babyzen Yoyo

sufur · 04/01/2021 21:47

I'm looking at getting a lightweight buggy that folds down very easily and takes up little room.

I've narrowed it down to the Bugaboo Ant and Babyzen Yoyo.

For obvious reasons I've not been ably to get out to shops and try them out, so wondered what your thoughts were?

I have a Bugaboo Cameleon which I love and have had for 4 years (it's on my second dd), but now my youngest dd is coming up to 1 year old we really need something smaller and easier to fold down.

OP's posts:
Please
or

sufur · 05/01/2021 08:37

Bump...

OP's posts:
Please
or

FolkSongSweet · 05/01/2021 08:40

The ant is smaller and flimsier than the yoyo. I think bugaboo market it as a travel buggy, whereas the yoyo is more of an everyday pram. I definitely wouldn’t use the ant as my main pram for a baby but I guess could be ok for a toddler. It’s probably too small for them to nap in it comfortably though.

Please
or

sufur · 05/01/2021 11:33

@FolkSongSweet Thank you, that's really helpful. I am swaying more towards the Yoyo anyway. Think the Ant is appealing as I'm used to Bugaboo, but I do only hear positive things about the Yoyo.

OP's posts:
Please
or

FolkSongSweet · 05/01/2021 13:42

I’ve got the bee and love it. It’s a bit bigger and heavier than the yoyo but I like that the seat can face both positions. The yoyo folds much smaller though. I also looked at the ergo one - can’t remember model name but it’s similar to yoyo and much cheaper.

Please
or

Buttercupcup · 05/01/2021 13:48

I have an ant that I love. I would say it’s more of a travel buggy which is the reason we got it (DHs family live in Holland and in normal circumstances we would travel there monthly so was bought with this in mind pre covid). It folds up small and I liked the fact it can parent and world face. I use it most days for nipping around to the park with the older one and also my aunt who helps with childcare has a tiny car boots which it fits in with spare room for shopping etc.

Please
or

Snipples · 05/01/2021 13:51

I have the babyzen and love it. Had ours for over two years now and still going strong. Folds perfectly for airplane use when traveling. Sturdy enough for daily use also. Like that we can just update the covers when we fancy a change.

Please
or

nowimyourdaisy · 06/01/2021 12:40

The Stroller Workshop did a head to head review of these two pushchairs and concluded that unless a reversible seat is essential, then the Yoyo is an all around better option in terms of child comfort and longevity (and it’s been out for longer, so the Yoyo has been tested more). His reviews come from working in stroller repair, so usually pretty reliable.

Please
or

eliniatko · 29/03/2021 12:24

Hey, I also recommend to check the Babyzen Yoyo reviews versus the Bugaboo Ant reviews. I would definitely go for the Babyzen, it's so much better quality in terms of sturdiness of the pushchair. I know noone who'd like their Ant.

Please
or

CantStartaFireWithoutaSpark · 06/02/2022 19:53

Hated my Bugaboo ant. Hate it hate it hate it.
I sold it and bought a Yo-yo.
Don’t ever buy an ant.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.