Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. Read our round up of the top pushchairs to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.

Bugaboo footmuff (or other?) on Vista?

PiratePetespajamas · 04/09/2019 21:38

Has anyone with an uppababy Vista got a bugaboo footmuff on it? Will it fit the Vista? I never liked the uppababy footmuff much and ours ripped anyway so I’d like something different when I’m using it for #2. The bugaboo one looks nice. I want something warm and water resistant I don’t want fleece (at least, on the outside, fleece inside would be lovely). Any suggestions - what do you use on your Vista? (Mine is a 2013/4 model if it makes a difference.)

OP's posts:
Please
or

CaptainWentworth · 05/09/2019 16:51

I have a 2017 vista and I’ve got 2 footmuffs so far - a thick down Voksi one and a thin mamas and papas basic one. Neither of them fit the seat bit of the vista that well as it’s a bucket seat and they aren’t shaped, so it’s a bit of a pain to use the zips in that area, if you see what I mean. They look fine on the pram though, right width and length, and keep baby warm.

I’ve actually literally just bought a bugaboo footmuff myself as I saw one half price in a nice colour in my local department store. It’s the only one I’ve ever seen that has that bucket seat shape so I’m hoping it fits well. Will report back!

Please
or

PiratePetespajamas · 08/09/2019 15:06

Oooh please do! I am hoping a bugaboo one might do the job - and they look quite nice too. Interested to hear about Voksi - I JUST learnt about these myself and they look so nice; annoying it doesn’t fit great.

OP's posts:
Please
or

PiratePetespajamas · 09/09/2019 22:31

@CaptainWentworth how did you get on with the bugaboo footmuff?

OP's posts:
Please
or

CaptainWentworth · 10/09/2019 11:57

Hello! I tried the bugaboo footmuff for the first time yesterday and it fits well into the sets; maybe a fraction too long but not enough to be a problem. It seems really cushy and comfy for DD too.

Don’t get me wrong about the Voksi either; it’s really cosy and DD slept in it well last winter/ spring. I don’t think any other people do such lovely wool/ down footmuffs. It’s just not shaped for a bucket seat so it’s a bit awkward to zip at the hip area.

Please
or

CaptainWentworth · 10/09/2019 11:57

*seat not sets

Please
or

PiratePetespajamas · 11/09/2019 12:34

Thanks, @CaptainWentworth, I think I’m going to get one!

OP's posts:
Please
or

Shmithecat2 · 11/09/2019 12:37

Bugaboo footmuffs are fabulous, and pretty universal. They are quite long, but having a tall toddler, that was a bonus for me. They're not cheap, but totally worth it and have good resale value if you want to sell it on.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.