Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. Read our round up of the top pushchairs to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.

Babystyle Oyster vs Oyster 2?

myxstorie · 27/01/2015 10:56

Hi,

After having been practically decided on the M&P Sola2, I've since been swaying towards the Oyster due to the folded size when front-facing and general build quality. I'm also able to get both full travel systems for the same sort of price, which is a bonus. BUT I've also found the Oyster 2 is available for only slightly more than the original Oyster (£299 instead of £265).

Has anyone tried both? Is there much of a difference between them? A few people seem to prefer the original Oyster but I couldn't really tell why. I have found a lot of places are out of stock of the colour packs for the original Oyster, but that's not too big a deal to me. The folding mechanism looks to be the same, so it's more the niggly things like basket size, seat comfort, harness ease of use, etc that I'm interested in.

Thanks!

OP's posts:
Please
or

Ihateparties · 27/01/2015 13:20

If you're worried about seat comfort then definitely the oyster 2, the original one goes neither flat nor upright, which is potentially very annoying.
I actually like the sola, it doesn't have such a great reputation but as m&p pushchairs go it seems to be the most robust/have the least issues. The armadillo flip also looks great but hasn't been out long enough for much to crop up yet.
At the same price point you could also look at the graco evo and joie chrome, if you haven't already.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.