Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. Read our round up of the top pushchairs to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.

Bugaboo frog parts on bugaboo cameleon chassis?

monniemae · 07/09/2013 19:05

Hello, wondered if anyone could help me figure out the compatibility of bugaboo parts? My friend was v kindly passing on her old (as in, the original logo old) bugaboo frog to us and tried to assemble it today but the chassis and seat frame turn out to have broken.

Our baby is due this week so not much time to research things - but wondering if we can just buy a new cameleon+ or cameleon3 chassis & seat frame and use the old Frog wheels, carrycot, hood, parasol, maxicosi adaptors etc etc?

Any advice or things to watch out for v welcome - I'm hoping to order the chassis tomorrow so it arrives Tuesday when she's here to help me figure out how to put everything together.

Thanks

OP's posts:
Please
or

PrimalLass · 07/09/2013 19:15

I think so. Would you not be cheaper to just buy another Frog second hand? I sold mine for £150 and it was in great condition.

Please
or

monniemae · 07/09/2013 19:22

Yes it would but then I'm worried the chassis will break and we'll end up essentially shelling out again... whereas this way it's more like a new buggy (incl warranty on the frame) with recycled, cheaper parts.. undecided though!

OP's posts:
Please
or

Rowanred · 07/09/2013 19:31

They are all compatible- frog, chameleon or becko

Please
or

HiccupHaddockHorrendous · 07/09/2013 20:22

I don't think the Gecko is compatible. It has a different recline and I believe the seat/carrycot fabrics are a different size so wouldn't fit on a Cameleon/frog frame/chassis.

Have you looked on the bugaboo website for a new frog chassis? I'm not sure if they're still available but they do have quite a good selection of spare parts Smile

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.