Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. Read our round up of the top pushchairs to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.

Please help me with my possibly faulty 2nd hand Mutsy!

Cydonia · 11/03/2013 15:36

Hi, I'm hoping some of you lovely pushchair experts can help me!
I've just bought a Mutsy 4 Rider Light off eBay for what I thought was a bargain price of £40. It's got a couple of small faults that were mentioned but otherwise was advertised as being in good condition.

However I've just come to use it for the first time, pushed it down the small step out of my house and it collapsed in a heap! Luckily DS was ok ( a bit shocked though! ) and I got him out quickly.

On inspection the chassis had totally come apart at the front where the front wheels and foot rest join the bars that attach to the back wheels. When I looked in the cupboard where the pushchair had been stored folded up I found two matching screws/pins! I've tried them in the frame and they are totally loose and don't stay in.

So does it sound like there is something missing? Or is this a common fault? I'm stumped as I wheeled the pushchair out of the sellers house ( empty ) and it seemed fine. I find it very hard to fold too so don't know if struggling with this has loosened something, but surely this can't be right?!

I just wanted to canvass opinion really before I contact the seller, not holding out much hope as I guess it's their word against mine. Annoyed as I paid cash, and I left them glowing feedback!
Any advice?

OP's posts:
Please
or

Tiggywunkle · 11/03/2013 23:50

Yes, if you paid cash you dont have a leg to stand on with Ebay.
You can ask Mutsy or a Mutsy retailer directly for help but I dont know how much they would charge to look at the pushchair.

Please
or

Cydonia · 12/03/2013 15:19

Hmm, will get DP to have a look at it, not sure if we have a Mutsy retailer near us but I'll check, thanks.

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?