My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join our Property forum for renovation, DIY, and house selling advice.

Property/DIY

Anyone had double-glazed wooden sash windows fitted? Is it ££££s?

7 replies

theyoungvisiter · 28/04/2010 22:08

Just wondering if anyone had a vague idea of what custom-made double-glazed wooden sashes cost.

We're looking at a property which would need new windows throughout, and would love this kind of thing but have no idea what kind of costs we'd be looking at.

Any ideas?

OP posts:
cassell · 28/04/2010 22:20

well we had double glazing put into the existing wooden sashes, repairs, servicing etc and that cost from £500 for a small window to £2k for the bay windows. It did depend a lot on the size though. I'd guess you're probably looking at double that for totally new windows but I may be wrong!

theyoungvisiter · 28/04/2010 22:37

gosh I didn't even know you could do that! (put double glazing in the existing windows, I mean).

Thanks for info, that's really really helpful.

If anyone has experience of putting in brand new windows, that would be great too.

I'm London btw - if that makes a difference?

OP posts:
theyoungvisiter · 29/04/2010 07:23

hopeful bump?

OP posts:
londonone · 29/04/2010 10:08

About 1800 a window, poss more if the boxes have been filled in.

MortaIWombat · 29/04/2010 17:00

I paid this very company about £1000 each for two windows to have ethri sashes replaced with double-glazed sashes, adn some repairs/replacement of rotted sills, etc. NOT new boxes, though. About 4 years ago. They were absolutely lovely. Hth!

MortaIWombat · 29/04/2010 17:01

their

theyoungvisiter · 29/04/2010 18:57

that is extremely helpful - thanks everyone.

Wellies, I did spend a second wondering what ethri sashes were, and whether our windows had them or not

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.