My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join our Property forum for renovation, DIY, and house selling advice.

Property/DIY

playroom

9 replies

frazzled74 · 05/03/2010 09:15

am just about to convert our lowish ceiling ,cellar into a playroom, can anyone link me to websites that i can buy, storage, rugs, sofa bed and wall art (maybe disney posters?) online. I dont have a car so need everything delivered. what do other people have in their playrooms?

OP posts:
TinaSparkles · 05/03/2010 09:17

Shelving! I've got one of the units from Ikea where you can slot their storage cubes into. Great for chucking toys, craft things, dollys, into and keeping everything separate.

PureAsTheColdDrivenSnow · 05/03/2010 09:25

expedit

trofast

the red trofast boxes also fit well in the expedit unit.

really nice colourful rugs

AllPosters have some disney ones.

If you don't want to go down the Ikea route, GLTC have some lovely stuff

PureAsTheColdDrivenSnow · 05/03/2010 09:26

oh, and if you want to, you'll be able to order frames from Ikea too.

taffetacat · 05/03/2010 19:05

How old are your DC?

I like these:

posters/wallpaper

various

Ikea just great for storage

Our playroom also has a piano and a very long desk that runs the length of the room with a silly number of plugs. Before we built the desk it looked like an IT training room

Fayrazzled · 05/03/2010 19:20

Aspace has some nice accessories for playrooms.

newpup · 05/03/2010 19:35

Ours has a sofabed, very handy for sleepovers! Also a lovely dark wood shelving tower that we slot wicker baskets full of toys into.

It is a fab room with high ceilings and a wooden floor. Huge storage cupboards and a lovely big window. It has been a wonderful playroom and as my DDs are 10 & 8 will transform into a den for them to hang out with their friends as they get older. So we have now added a flatscreen digital tv (they are not allowed tvs in their rooms) a kareoke(!) machine and ipod dock. It has a shelving unit for dvds and cds.

They love it!

Wormwood · 05/03/2010 19:52

Message deleted

PureAsTheColdDrivenSnow · 05/03/2010 22:42

newpup - not surprised!

think the OP was looking for ideas.. rather than smugness.

frazzled74 · 06/03/2010 17:58

thanks for the suggestions, they are great, am going to have fun , i had forgotten about the pier website.I am going to see how much ikea charge for delivery.was going to put portable tv from our bedroom down there and maybe hook up the playstation,Im not sure we can t proper sofa bed down there as narrow staircase .but i may buy the kiddy type ones for sleepovers, and some beanbags.

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.