My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join our Property forum for renovation, DIY, and house selling advice.

Property/DIY

What does everyone use to clean their oak floors?

8 replies

DaisymooSteiner · 29/01/2010 16:38

We bought some WOCA wood cleaner for our engineered oak when it was installed and with all the mud the kids bring into the house it won't be long before we need some more. Just wondering what other people use?

OP posts:
frostyfingers · 01/02/2010 15:37

Mr Sheen, dusters and elbow grease! Makes the floor lovely and slippy for a day or two, but noone seems to mind too much.

LSEE · 01/02/2010 17:23

Bona floor cleaner is brilliant and once you've bought it once and got the spray bottle you can buy a bottle of concentrate for about £5 and add a capful to water to make up new spray bottles so it lasts forever. Their microfibre mop thingy is really good as well and the cloth on the head is washable so lasts for ages too. Works really well on our pine floors which have to contend with a muddy dog....www.bonafloorcleaner.net

LSEE · 01/02/2010 17:24

PS also Bona cleaner doesn't leave the floor like an ice rink which my old cleaner used to (causing huge scratches made by dog trying to stop slipping....)

TheDevilWearsPrimark · 01/02/2010 17:28

Nothing harsh!

Stardrops and hot water with a microfibre mop.

I hoover mine, tackles any grubby areas by hand then mop all over, just be careful to not get it too wet

TheDevilWearsPrimark · 01/02/2010 17:29

'tackles' should read 'tackle' - sorry.

Eaglebird · 11/02/2010 19:58

Linseed oil.

Housemum · 15/02/2010 14:23

I bought some floor cleaner in Lakeland for wooden floors, B&Q do some as well - that with an ordinary Vileda mop but squeeze the mop so only just damp.

MmeBlueberry · 15/02/2010 14:35

I use a Flash Power Mop for my oak floors.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.