My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join our Property forum for renovation, DIY, and house selling advice.

Property/DIY

All of you who recommended I use a packing service...

4 replies

Adair · 26/11/2009 13:05

THANK YOU!!!

Well worth the couple of hundred quid extra.

They came at 10.30am - and have just left at 12.50pm having packed up our rather full 3 bedroom flat. Am just staring at boxes going 'what do I do now?!!' (apart from have a sneaky nap that is). Amazing. I spent this morning going 'oh my god, this is going to be so stressful' as I tried to tidy with my one year old following and emptying lego boxes all over the floor. The two very nice (Polish?) men just boxed it all (even the stuff all over the floor I was going to tidy while they finished the back room . And they were happy to tip our drawers of mess into boxes (after checking with me it was ok - ditto on the sorting while they pack front). They have labelled everything pretty well (obv will see when we unpack )

Am so so so chuffed, it has made it so much easier, and I wouldn;t have even thought about it if it wasn't for Mumsnet

So THANK YOU!
(company is Coles in North London btw)

OP posts:
megonthemoon · 26/11/2009 13:39

oh this is good to know. i'm just about to book our removals and were planning to go for the packing service - sounds like it is totally worth it!

meltedmarsbars · 26/11/2009 13:42

My ds called them "the takers" because they took everything!! He was 3.

They did a very full 4 bed house in less than 4 hours.

I would reccommend it every time.

CMOTdibbler · 26/11/2009 13:47

I will never, never pack myself again. Have been packed and moved twice, and it has been amazingly easy

MrsBadger · 26/11/2009 14:25

well done

the only thing I wish I'd done differently is follow them around with a marker pen so (eg) the four boxes that said 'living room' would have said 'living room - recipe books and photos' 'living room - crap from cupboard under stereo' 'living room - things from bureau and remote controls' and 'living room - stuff I left on sofa by mistake'

we had about 12 boxes labelled simply 'kitchen' and I swear I had to open 10 of them before I found the frying pan

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.