My feed

to access all these features

Join our Property forum for renovation, DIY, and house selling advice.


selling part of our drive to neighbours, where to start?

2 replies

girrafey · 11/08/2009 13:20

Looking at putting our house up to rent and renting somewhere bigger across town. However to make this possible will need to get some spare cash. We have a very large gravel drive and our neighbours (z list celebrities) have nothing. no drive, no off road parking etc. It is their weekend cottage and due to their lifestyle only come 1-2 weekends a month, so we allow them to park on our drive.
It has been mentioned in the past about them buying a patch of our drie and moving he wall so they basically have a drive.
Where on earth do we go to get info on this?
Have no idea if we need permission or how to do it legally. how do we get it priced?
If anybody can point me in the right direction i would be very grateful.
Won't be back on till later this evening so thanks if anyone takes the time to help.

OP posts:
LIZS · 11/08/2009 13:24

You may need to get a surveyor to look at it - from both the demarkation of boundaries for land registry and valuation pov, then get a solicitor to do the contract and conveyancing. If it involves creating a new drop kerb you may need planning permission . Remember it may well ultimately affect the valuation of your property too.

rainbeau · 14/08/2009 18:05

I wouldn't do it - our vendors Wouldn't sell a little patch of our drive as part of our house and I am RUEING it now
Nosy who are your z-list neightbours?

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.