My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join our Property forum for renovation, DIY, and house selling advice.

Property/DIY

Does anyone know anything about Surbiton?

4 replies

bumposaurus · 25/03/2009 12:00

We really need some more space, and I am thinking of moving out from SW London. I need to be able to get to Richmond fairly easily and Surbiton looks like it has houses of around the right size, but I only know it from "The Good Life" which may not be an entirely accurate barometer...can anyone give me the lowdown?

OP posts:
emmazing · 25/03/2009 12:53

The Good Life wasn't filmed in Surbiton (fact of the day for you )

Surbiton is lovely - I'm not sure about what the schools are like though. Great access to centre of London (fast trains to Waterloo) and close to Kingston for shopping.

Do you have any specific other 'needs' other than easy access to Richmond?

bumposaurus · 25/03/2009 13:17

I think the only specific needs I have are good schools, access to Richmond and safe enough for the DC's to have a bit of freedom and space to run around

OP posts:
yomellamoHelly · 25/03/2009 13:21

Do you go to church? (Or can you afford private?) Kingston/Surbiton schools are really suffering at moment. Have had 9 bulge classes last year, 10 this year with 13 predicted the next (for primary). Going to last a few years more and secondary schools will be the next to suffer. Kingston/Surbiton borders are particularly bad.
Is a nice area to live though, albeit that Surbiton High Street is a bit dire.

ickletickle · 25/03/2009 19:48

well actually, the good life probably is a pretty good barometer. a nice commuter enclave. pretty dull, but nice.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.