My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join our Property forum for renovation, DIY, and house selling advice.

Property/DIY

Location over looks, head over heart?

4 replies

allytjd · 20/03/2009 17:53

Was planning to move back to home town as it has very good high school and handy for grandparents, transport links etc. (also perfectly pleasant). But... dream home in rural village has unexpectedly come back on market veiwed it a year ago and it has gone down by 15% as vendor desperate to sell (think it might be a divorce and all that entails). It is huge and lovely much nicer than anything we could afford in home town but kids would have to get bus everywhere and they will be teenagers soon wheras they would be more independant in other town. Am going mad trying to decide what to do as time is short to make mind up. Head says home town, heart says village...Arrggh!

OP posts:
Tinker · 20/03/2009 17:56

Head. Although if teenagers soon at least you won't have to drive them, they can get teh bus themselves.

How much of a compromise woudl head decision be?

LauriefairycakeeatsCupid · 20/03/2009 17:56

they can get the bus til they pass at 17 (that'll put a rocket under their ass to apply themselves to driving lessons)

you could stay there forever - no 'having' to move - garden, relaxation, drinks in the garden

irises · 20/03/2009 18:02

We live in a beautiful village in an AONB but with no public transport whatsoever.

It's really not a big deal, by the time they're teenagers your dcs will prob. only want to go into town at weekends (when you may be going anyway).

Our ds goes rowing on the river at 8am on Saturdays and gets a taxi so we can still have a lie in.

HEART HEART HEART

Fizzylemonade · 20/03/2009 19:22

I think HEART, bigger house is good when teenagers are running around and maybe wanting a bit of their own space.

I'm a heart girl, going through something similar myself

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.